Well, it's about F***ing time!

Well, looking at the weather and everything, my ass will be back out Sunday morning for a half day hunt. I CAN'T WAIT!

Thanks again everyone, it was a long time coming. I probably put in over 100 hours of stand time before I got this buck. I also have to thank Bear44 for helping me BIG TIME with all the scouting and guidence. I would say it was a team effort. But, I'm happy I got to pull the trigger this time. All and all, it was worth the wait. I'm damn proud of him. I'm grateful that he came my way and he isn't going to waste.

Last edited:
Well, looking at the weather and everything, my ass will be back out Sunday morning for a half day hunt. I CAN'T WAIT!

Thanks again everyone, it was a long time coming. I probably put in over 100 hours of stand time before I got this buck. I also have to thank Bear44 for helping me BIG TIME with all the scouting and guidence. I would say it was a team effort. But, I'm happy I got to pull the trigger this time. All and all, it was worth the wait. I'm damn proud of him. I'm grateful that he came my way and he isn't going to waste.

You are a great student and that deer is NOT a team effort. I wasn't even in the woods when you took him. You even made the final decision on stand location. He's all yours man.

Good job,but why the face paint if your just gonna put on a big orange vest on right after ?

Because the stand location puts a lot of light on you when in it and there are no good alternative locations for the stand. A vest may be bright, but it doesn't move much. Your face moves regularly if you are really looking. When there's sunlight on you it can have the same effect as a light house. Just so you know, most of the paint had been removed when the pics were taken. Kind of makes you wonder how many deer have busted you in a stand that you never knew about, huh? The big boys are really tuned in and DO LOOK UP.

Also remember that deer are mostly color blind. They can see the orange of a vest, but it is very washed out and does not look much different to them from other orange colors that are present in nature.

Last edited:
You are a great student and that deer is NOT a team effort. I wasn't even in the woods when you took him. You even made the final decision on stand location. He's all yours man.

****, you found the stand location therefore with out you my ass wouldn't have been there in the first place to kill the deer. Just take the damn "thanks" :peace:

Also, I have turkey coming by me on a very regular basis in that stand and they do not get spoked which would alarm other animals (i.e. deer) so camo on the face! I'd rather be camo'ed from head to toe than not have enough.

Back
Top Bottom