• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well that was my first and LAST public dove hunt.

Sniper22, passdaboolits, my son and I had an amazing time Saturday. Some laughs at a few (very few) idiots, but all in all a great hunt
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 40
I LOVE dove hunting. I love life more. I have only Dove hunted with two other guys. Guys I trust with my life. We went on a preserve hunt and bought 60 birds to shoot. We got 58 altogether. We found the feathers and bobcat tracks for the other two. The dogs were absolutely amazing. Unfortunately a few hunts later the main bird dog took a direct hit.

When you pull up to a field in the early am and guys are already drinking, don't even stop.

Emi Jane is furious... She wants to got next weekend, and usually gets what she wants. Check with Dave, Saturday afternoon we may be heading back.

Ill see what he says I was planning to be 20ft up a tree looking for deer but I love some wing shooting and the weather is looking like it will be GREAT

Well there is that.... ;)
Reality is he never fired a shot and it was only a 50/50 chance if he would have in the best of situations. He's very gun shy unfortunately. I 'thought' sitting on a dove field watching the action from a distance vs for example having a deer rifle go off 2 feet from him, would be a better way of easing him into it. I was sadly mistaken. Oh well... hopefully more time in the squirrel woods for he and I and I'll just leave my gun behind.

Way to old to have killed my first squirrel ever this weekend, but a buddy brought his dog and me and it was one of the most fun things I have ever done. Can't beat squirrel hunting!

We shoot pigeons, we don't eat the birds shoot for practice, they are not easy to shoot either, however not as much problems to get permission to shoot and so far haven't had to pay to shoot them.

Glad one young man saw how some shooters act and certain he will listen to his Dad, thanks for taking him home.

Glad the other young man enjoyed time with his Dad, thanks for spending time with him.

Some people turn a time of fun and enjoyment into a competition and ruin it for others.

Back
Top Bottom