• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Went off track please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Air heating and cooling in Cartersville Ga needs good reliable HVAC Apprentice and Service Tech starting asap, we are a small mom and pops company that is growing but can't find help it is a awesome place to work we currently do not have health insurance but the hours and pay are great, $14+ a hour start and if you want to make more show us what you can do, The owner doesn't mind paying good money if you give us good work I have seen $1hr raises in as little as 1month and a second $1hr raise in 90days again he doesn't mind paying for good work, also has yearly bonus $250 a year and it goes up $250 every year my bonus for this year is $3,000 to give you a example, paid holidays off, paid vacation, commission, and even your birthday if it falls during the week is a paid day off who does that, very flexible time off with notice, if this sounds good to you contact me via PM we would love to have you on board.
Must be able to pass a random drug test.
Must have reliable transportation.
Must have valid drivers license.
Local to surrounding counties is a plus.
Must have current CCW lol not really just figured I would throw that out there we are gun friendly and are gun guys.
We are a conservative company and stand up for conservative values.

The career route sounds awesome! But the pay is not their . Warehouses pay 18hr +.

We do need more tradesmen, but $14/Hr even for base pay isn’t enough (that’s not their fault) but McDonalds by me is paying 15$/hr starting out. Unfortunately the trade industry is failing young people by expecting laborious work and excellence for what is now considered minimum wage. Good luck though, bro.

Guys around here go to Central Georgia Technical College and take up heating and air. No way they work for 14 dollars an hour. After they get their license they can buy a 30 lb canister of freon for under 100 dollars and turn around and charge people 200 dollars a pound for a recharge.

The biggest thing is what is top pay flipping burgers? What is your sales bonus flipping burgers? What is your yearly bonus flipping burgers? And lastly are you going to be happy flipping burgers? Just had to add I know I am old school but one of the big problems today is people don't pay attention to the end game only worried about what is the current game.
I understand, and you’re right. Having a job that leaves you feeling fulfilled and accomplished is important, not to mention a job with growth in mind. But even still if the wage you’re being paid barely covers gas to get you to work the next day, all you can worry about is the present. Most of my circle of friends are all in trades and make decent money. But even people getting paid $40/hr are struggling to make ends meet. There’s no way I would ever do laborious work like this making $14/hr regardless of skill level.
This is why young people don’t go into trades. It’s hard and thankless work for not a lot of money.

Jessie1975 Jessie1975 tell them about your experience
I work for Southair and I wish I would have started years ago. I have been in this field for 24 years as a master installer and service tech, I’m very happy with the company and don’t plan on going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom