• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

West GA Precision 22 First PRS Rimfire match May 20th

Signed up for the match Saturday. It’ll be my first one so go easy. I think I’m good to go other than a spare mag.
There’s a couple different rifles showing up there Sat maybe someone can share. I have a CZ 457 you’re welcome to use a spare mag if that happens to be what you’re shooting

I’d like some more info on these matches. I’m not far from there and haven’t shot a competition in a long time.

Rules? Types of Guns and equipment typically needed?
It all depends on the match you want to shoot. There’s NRL22 more of the into and PRS rimfire more advanced. You’ll need to decide the class you want to shoot in base/production with $ limits on gun and optic combos or open unlimited $. Read up on the rules and build a rifle you are happy to shoot. Most use bolt guns from Savage all the way up to Rim X. There are some occasional semi auto rifles as well. I’ll put links to both NRL and PRS there are lots of similarity in rules slight difference and the ranges are closer usually larger targets for NRL and farther targets smaller for PRS. I’d recommend a bolt gun bipod and rear support bag. Then gather dope on the rifle out to 200yds at least for quick dope get an app or kestrel and a scope you can dial to varying distances to make it more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom