• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s a decent press for magnum loads?

I have loaded everything thru 458 mag to 17 with a single stage rcbs, but I use the rockchucker and have used it for 48 years, if I screw up just call rcbs and they will replace anything you screwed up. I have a extra one for $75 local if anyone needs it.

Roc chucker was first press I bought about 50 years ago and great single stage loader! I bought a zillion 550 progressive about 30 years ago and load everything from 38spl to 458 magnums on it with no problems!

Annealing is a heat process that does just what, Palmettomoon, is talking about, research it and you will understand and possibly you can find some U-TUBE, videos about it. It is a very good way to extend your life of the brass you use. Plus it does help in the accuracy of your reloading.

New to reloading, the individuals on here can certainly help give you a lot of guidance, and help there is a wealth of knowledge here, so ask and you will get some great information on the life long learning of reloading.

Just remember you need to think safety, never reload when tired, or when you can't devote your full attention to what you are doing...

Since it hasn't been said. There is no press for "magnum" loads. Most any reloading press will load all common cartridges with the appropriate dies. Dies sizes are pretty standard so you can interchange them between press brands.

I have a Dillon 550B that I use to load everything from .223 to 45-70 including 300 win mag. Also use it for everything from .380 ACP to 460 S&W Magnum. I also have a Lee single stage Challenger press that I use for resizing my rifle brass, but could load completed rounds on it also. I have Dillon Dies, Hornady Dies, Lee Dies, Pacific Tool dies and Lyman dies that I have used on both presses.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom