• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s considered a high deductible health plan for tax purposes

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
State of Georgia is asking about high deductible health plan contributions on my tax return. Is 12c DD considered a high deductible health plan? W2 states cost of employer sponsored health coverage and amount reported not taxable. I would normally over look this or not question but the number in the box that is paid is a straight stupid amount of money.

**I am not a tax accountant** I have no clue what 12c DD is. However, I have a high deductible plan. If you don't have a health savings account, you probably don't have a high deductible plan. If you do, you might want to check to see of they're asking how much you contributed to your health savings account.

From what I read it's non-taxable, information only. Your employer may or may not be required to supply this information on your W2 according to the ACA.

Is your employer contributing to your HSA? There are limits to how much you can put in the HSA since it's pre-tax dollars going in. The max/yr. for families is around $7,500. I'm also self-employed (I get 1099's not W2's) so I don't know if the number you're looking at on your w2 includes monthly premiums as well.

I guess I should have looked it up before I replied. Both turbo tax and HR block both said the DD in box 12 is for information only.

Back
Top Bottom