What’s your go-to lightweight 10/22 stock?

lilred06

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Putting some firearms together for when my little one starts learning to shoot but want something lightweight for her.

So the title says it: What’s your go-to stock that’s lightweight but still a good solid stock? Or would I be better off leaving the wood stock on it? The gun is a youth 10/22 with the 16” barrel.

Putting some firearms together for when my little one starts learning to shoot but want something lightweight for her.

So the title says it: What’s your go-to stock that’s lightweight but still a good solid stock? Or would I be better off leaving the wood stock on it? The gun is a youth 10/22 with the 16” barrel.

This is my first experience with these but they seem to be very well built and reasonably durable. The carbon fiber stocks that are available come in various lengths. I find a pistol grip is oftentimes. Easier for a youngin.
Plus if you decide to upgrade to a ultra lightweight barrel like Acculite or TacSol you have a stock already.

Chipmunk.
And I've never seen a ''youth model'' 10/22. Got pics 'cause I'm sure there are others who have not seen one, also.

Chipmunk.
And I've never seen a ''youth model'' 10/22. Got pics 'cause I'm sure there are others who have not seen one, also.
I don’t know it was sold to me as a youth model lol I was under the impression most had a 18” barrel, this one is 16” and if I’m not mistaken the length of pull is slightly shorter but I’ve had exactly two 10/22’s over the years so I don’t know much about them to be honest

I don’t know it was sold to me as a youth model lol I was under the impression most had a 18” barrel, this one is 16” and if I’m not mistaken the length of pull is slightly shorter but I’ve had exactly two 10/22’s over the years so I don’t know much about them to be honest
Some of us just like the 16'' barrels. The 10/22 as I know it comes in one size fits all in the stock but the barrel I've seen them to 24''. Depending on the age of your daughter I'd put her in a ''Chipmunk'' to start off. Nice little rifles. Bolt action single shot.

I'd leave the youth stock on, plenty light.
Chipmunk.

My lgs has had a few in the past, just a shortened birch sporter stock without the barrel band and they had hiviz sights. I should have picked one up.

I'd shoot it as it, not gonna get much lighter in a youth stock. You may be able to find a synthetic take off that has the spacer option to shorten now and lengthen when the time comes.

I'd leave the youth stock on, plenty light.

My lgs has had a few in the past, just a shortened birch sporter stock without the barrel band and they had hiviz sights. I should have picked one up.

I'd shoot it as it, not gonna get much lighter in a youth stock. You may be able to find a synthetic take off that has the spacer option to shorten now and lengthen when the time comes.
Yeah looks like I may just leave it. I’d only be saving a few ounces I think and the length of pull is more important than the weight I think. From what I can find the compact/“youth” model has about 1” shorter length of pull

Back
Top Bottom