• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are some unpopular gun opinions you have?

1911s suck! in my experience
Same! But I only had 2 experiences:
-ultra high end kimber 1911 that a brother of a friend was showing off. He was in the air force and had a ton of laser etching (his groups logo motto, etc) and custom work done. It would jam every 2 rounds and he had already sent it back 3 times
-My grandpa's ww1 1911 that he mail ordered for $15. Very cool peice but it was pretty inacurate and those fixed sights were virtually unusable.

Opinions.....
- You don't need a .300 or 7MM Magnum with Hubbel scopes on top to hunt ANYTHING in GA. (Taking a 50 yard pine lot shot)
- I think a person should master their firearm before taking to the woods or the streets (regardless of age). Too many folks have things they don't even know how to use that could have deadly consequences.
- Gunfolk, military and LEOs are a gun marketer's wet dream. We will buy anything!
- The Beretta M9/92FS is an over sized, over priced boat anchor. (I carried one in the Navy, Air Force and as a DOD Civilian)
- Hanging a bunch of worthless heavy shyte on your AR doesn't make you cool or a better shot.
- If you think you need a new trigger, new sights, "action job" or any other contrived thing to shoot your gun better you need to buy more ammo. A lot more ammo, and go shoot it more!
- Scanning the range left/right after emptying your mag is gay. (P.S. the gate is locked and no one is coming to get you)
- Wheelguns are real guns.
- Gunsmithing requires a long period of experience in the shop (machinist, tool and die, machine tool operator-gun related) before you can claim that moniker. Building ARs on the kitchen table does not make a "gunsmith".
- S&W revolvers are SO MUCH better then Colt revolvers.
- You can be adequately armed with a wheelgun and bolt milsurp rifle (if you know how to use them)
- Squirrel hunting isn't just for kids.
- Mas Ayoob is a shill for the ammo companies.
- I wish gun companies would stop making poly pistols that are fraternal twins to every other poly pistol out there. Think of something new!
- Kydex doesn't have the heart and soul of leather.

Opinions.....
- I wish gun companies would stop making poly pistols that are fraternal twins to every other poly pistol out there. Think of something new!

tenor-6.gif

Back
Top Bottom