• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are some unpopular gun opinions you have?

Well, it's a Tore-ass, right? :)
I actually am very happy with mine, goes bang every time I pull the trigger, eats anything I feed it, and is accurate enough for my needs. Installed a stainless guide rod assembly when it was new and it's good to go. Like some of the big players, this particular model has proven itself to be reliable. Of course most folks who have the opposite opinion of what I have has actually never owned one, just following other leads.......

I actually am very happy with mine, goes bang every time I pull the trigger, eats anything I feed it, and is accurate enough for my needs. Installed a stainless guide rod assembly when it was new and it's good to go. Like some of the big players, this particular model has proven itself to be reliable. Of course most folks who have the opposite opinion of what I have has actually never owned one, just following other leads.......

Curious what your Round Count is on that Pistol...

6.5 Grendel is a waste since most people bragging about how great it is don't have the ability to even shoot out to distances further than either the 5.56 or 7.62 can already shoot..
Everything is a trade-off. Barrel Life, Recoil, Drop, Wind Drift, Bullet Availability, Brass Availability, Factory Ammo Cost, Factory Ammo Options, Factory Ammo Availability, Factory Rifle Options, Factory Rifle Availability, Barrel Twist Rate per Caliber Options, etc etc.

Can my 223 make it to 600 yards? Yes.
Will my 6 Dasher shoot better scores on an F Class target? Yes.
Reason: Less Wind Drift.
Cons of 6 Dasher Compared to 223: Need to fireform Brass, Must reload, More Recoil, Less Barrel Life, Higher Cost Per Round, Lapua Brass can be difficult to find in quantities I desire from the same lot, May need magazine kit to function properly and even then it may be sketchy.

It's dumb to list a "LNIB" used gun $20/$50/$100 above thats gun's current new price, regardless of how badly you got ripped off when you bought it.

If I passed a free background check to buy a gun, I shouldn't need to pay a $75 fee for another background check to carry a gun.

Back
Top Bottom