• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

what camo pattern are you using?

I do not care to make Bill Jordan any richer than he is now, but Realtree is great camo. It works. I have killed more deer than I can count wearing the same Realtree hardwoods camo for the past 15 years. They never see me when I'm wearing it. I like Mossy Oak too. I have killed deer wearing woodland camo fatigues, the old Treebark camo, Tiger striped jungle fatigues, jeans and flannel, and the others already mentioned. After 30+ years and well over a hundred deer taken, I believe you can blend in visually much easier than you can cover your scent. Scent is more important than camo patterns by a long shot.

Doesn't blend in well at the gas station but this is one of my favorites from allpredatorcalls.com mainly use it hunting thickets and other areas where treestand isnt a option.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_IMG_2217_1.jpg

Trying it out the nite I got it.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_facebook_632691874.jpg

It doesnt much matter. Just what ever is on sale and a good orange vest. Deer are batcrap blind anyway.
Mossy Oak hardwoods seems to work just fine for turkey.

It doesnt much matter. Just what ever is on sale and a good orange vest. Deer are batcrap blind anyway.
Mossy Oak hardwoods seems to work just fine for turkey.

The whole sticks and leaves things never made any sense to me. At 20 feet it looks like a black blob, same to a deer or bird. Natgear, Predator, and a few others actually make use of open space to eliminate a silhouette. Doesn't look as snappy on the rack, but it's much more effective at hiding.

Back
Top Bottom