• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What can y’all tell me about the 2008 Land Rover LR2

Would you buy one used in good condition as a daily driver if it was in your budget?

• Total voters
I'm a land rover fan but if it is an upgraded Freelander stay away from it. Look for an earlier discovery or a discovery II.

I had 2 Discovery II and am on my 2nd Range Rover Sport. Awesome vehicles. Love them. Most people can't let go of how poorly built the older models were in the 80/90s.
Love mine and looking forward to my next one. A garage called The Shop in Norcross works on them almost exclusively and has good prices

Pay for a pre-purchase motor, suspension, etc review of the vehicle. Call the LR dealerships (Hennessey) and see if they have done work on it. Give them the VIN and they can look it up.

PARTS, REPAIRS, LABOR, for these Rovers are over the clouds, maintenance $$$$$$$$$$$$$, money pit, money pit...

only you and she who must be obeyed can make this decision...

just a simple suggestion to strongly, and carefully to consider...

If it doesn't come with a warranty.......I hope you budget plenty of money for repairs and maintenance. Check and see if you have somebody close by that knows how to work on a Land Rover, find out how much a simple oil change is on a Land Rover. My ex-wife, that's all she drives, Land Rovers, the very first one that we ever bought was an absolute nightmare. I bought an extended warranty on it and thank God I did. But since then she has had several different kinds of Land Rovers including Range Rovers and some have been really good and some been really bad. Good luck. Do lots of homework. Especially if you are buying from an individual.

You’ll wish you had bought a 4 runner

Land rovers not transportation they are a hobby

A 2008 LR cost twice as much as a 2008 4 runner when they were both new

Ten years later the 4 runner is worth more

There’s a reason for that

Back
Top Bottom