• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What cigar have you been smoking lately?

I've never tried Scotch. My son-in-law loves it, but I've never taken him up on his offer to try some of his. Someday.
Get a 1/2 bottle of 2 different styles to check out. An Islay, and a Speyside or Lowlands. Islay is generally very peaty and smoky. Not for everyone (I can’t stand peat). Speyside is more fruit/spice/floral style.

Edit: I actually may have some samples i can give you but ya gotta get this way a bit.

Get a 1/2 bottle of 2 different styles to check out. An Islay, and a Speyside or Lowlands. Islay is generally very peaty and smoky. Not for everyone (I can’t stand peat). Speyside is more fruit/spice/floral style.

Edit: I actually may have some samples i can give you but ya gotta get this way a bit.
This is interesting to me. I need to look up "peaty" I've never heard of that in a whisky.
We need to get together for some good BBQ and Bourbon.

WallsGa WallsGa I just read a bit about peat flavor and found it quite interesting. I actually like a smoky flavor in bourbon, as long as it doesn't overpower the overall flavor of the drink itself.

WallsGa WallsGa I just read a bit about peat flavor and found it quite interesting. I actually like a smoky flavor in bourbon, as long as it doesn't overpower the overall flavor of the drink itself.
Peat generally manifests as iodine-bandaid aromas, but in a good way. Like I said, it’s not for everyone. It’s possible to get a smoky scotch without peat but they usually go together. It comes from the tradition of using available natural resources to dry the grain for distilling.

There were no trees in Scotland because the English cut them all down for wars. So, they Scots dug up the peat bogs, dried it and burned it for the fires. It’s made of decomposing vegetation.

Peat generally manifests as iodine-bandaid aromas, but in a good way. Like I said, it’s not for everyone. It’s possible to get a smoky scotch without peat but they usually go together. It comes from the tradition of using available natural resources to dry the grain for distilling.

There were no trees in Scotland because the English cut them all down for wars. So, they Scots dug up the peat bogs, dried it and burned it for the fires. It’s made of decomposing vegetation.
Exactly, I prefer the Islay scotches, the Highland or blended Scotches are a little too smooth for my taste...I like the 'bite'. Not a Scotch but have you tried Uncle Nearest? It's a pretty solid whiskey, just the right amount of 'kick' for me...

Exactly, I prefer the Islay scotches, the Highland or blended Scotches are a little too smooth for my taste...I like the 'bite'. Not a Scotch but have you tried Uncle Nearest? It's a pretty solid whiskey, just the right amount of 'kick' for me...
No, I haven’t tried it.

IMG_0033.jpeg

La Galera Anemoi Notus this eve before the week starts…

Back
Top Bottom