• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What constitutes a "low ball offer"

Oh goodie, an "I can buy blue label Glocks" guy chimes in with regard to price. Funny how these public servants turn those blue label Glocks on here for going rate instead of adjusting the price based on what they paid, wear, depreciation, etc.
I looked at the guns that you have sold on here. If you got a discount on them when you bought them, then you definitely made a profit on them when you sold them. Do you have a tax number, business license or an FFL? You broke the law, lol

I have not sold anything on here I got at blue line price. Further, no item I have sold on here did I receive a discount on. I did list a Glock 34 at one point and an ODT member that knew me advised me to reconsider that one for the reasons you described. It was legally traded to gin shop in Douglasvile after consideration. No law was violated, but thanks for your concern.

Oh goodie, an "I can buy blue label Glocks" guy chimes in with regard to price. Funny how these public servants turn those blue label Glocks on here for going rate instead of adjusting the price based on what they paid, wear, depreciation, etc.

I have not sold a blue line gun here. No doubt some have. I guess my point was fair for one may not be for others because certain companies discount to public servants, be them military or first responder. If I make an offer on a Glock or like product, it may be considered lowball but I won't pay $500 for something used I can get for $399 new. If I made an offer on something of yours it would be based on my cost of the item new. I would still make on an offer here first and see if I could get the item on here before going to retail because of all the paperwork and tax. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers just trying to point out that prices vary sometimes, but seeing I have been quoted several times now so obviously I have! Open mouth, insert foot.......my bad.

I have not sold a blue line gun here. No doubt some have. I guess my point was fair for one may not be for others because certain companies discount to public servants, be them military or first responder. If I make an offer on a Glock or like product, it may be considered lowball but I won't pay $500 for something used I can get for $399 new. If I made an offer on something of yours it would be based on my cost of the item new. I would still make on an offer here first and see if I could get the item on here before going to retail because of all the paperwork and tax. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers just trying to point out that prices vary sometimes, but seeing I have been quoted several times now so obviously I have! Open mouth, insert foot.......my bad.

It's all good, Brother. We're all just taking guns and generally B.S.ing.

I believe that every seller should ask what they want to ask for their property. If the seller does not want offers lower than the stated price, and thereby avoiding what they feel is a “lowball” offer, then the seller has every right to list his item as “firm” or use the phrase, “not negotiable”. However, if the seller does not state his price as firm, any offer is just an offer. All the seller has to type in response to the offer, if it is not what the seller wants for the item, is, No Thanks. That takes very little time, and in my opinion, is the proper way to deal with an offer lower than the seller wants to accept.

This is a public forum. You get all kinds on this site. If you place an ad and don’t state your price is firm, or not negotiable, you will get offers. Some decent offers, some horrible offers, but as I said, any offer to me is just an offer. The seller does not have to accept.

Now you stop it with that nonsense. If someone offers me $1350 instead of the $1400 I have my item listed at then I have my God given American right to be OFFENDED!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

It's also disheartening when you finally see the gun you want near you and the seller has a ridiculous High Ball price on it. Then if you offer what the item has been selling for on gunbroker he gets all offended. Then you have to hear about how it's only been shot just a few times to sight it in and it ain't even broke in yet.

I have not sold anything on here I got at blue line price. Further, no item I have sold on here did I receive a discount on. I did list a Glock 34 at one point and an ODT member that knew me advised me to reconsider that one for the reasons you described. It was legally traded to gin shop in Douglasvile after consideration. No law was violated, but thanks for your concern.

Dang, my sarcasm was taken seriously again. Lighten up brother, this is the ODT.

Well I low ball everyone with the mind set it never hurts to ask.

But what really surprise's me is the lack of people willing to negotiate. Negotiating is part of the fun to me I like the volley back and forth. Most of the guys on here just get pissed off.

100% agree.

Don't understand how you can think you have the "gift" of setting the price at exactly the correct amount.

Plus, it's clear that there is a large contingent of ODT that has no concept of the time value of money.

Back
Top Bottom