• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What constitutes a "low ball offer"

I don't really care if someone offers less than my price. I can negotiate. If it is ridiculously low, I just ignore it as I don't feel that person is really interested

I don't really care if someone offers less than my price. I can negotiate. If it is ridiculously low, I just ignore it as I don't feel that person is really interested

your rational and reasoned response is unamerican.

How dare you not comply with some fictitious "Low Ball Level Chart" that everyone knows exactly what amount that is, but is different than everyone else who also thinks he knows what it is????
Good grief man, I am not going to listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

I sell my guns/items at a good price and half of those have sold in 24 to 48 hours or less. If I get an offer for less than 2/3 of what I'm asking I look at it as low ball

I have had a few people get upset at a low offer I have made. What many do not understand is that military and most first responders (police fire ems) get discounts from major manufacturers (Glock, springfield, Silencer Co, Ruger, Vortex just to name a few). If I can buy a new Glock at Ed's at $399 for flashing my LEO credentials, and you have a used Glock posted that I want, you should expect me to offer based on my cost. You just have to decide if you want to sell to me or hold out for someone that cannot buy at a reduced rate. I have had offers with military guys that could buy the gun I had new much cheaper than I could. Their offer did not offend me, I understood the gun was cheaper for them. I just had to decide how bad I needed to move the gun.
For example, Ed's pawn and public safety in Stockbridge has a bucket of police trade in Glocks right now that they are selling for $325 to the general public, it even looked like there were a couple of "C" models there. All of these guns already have night sights installed. Why would anyone pay more than $325 for a used Glock unless it was some kinda specialty model? Yet there are a bunch on here right now for more........these people that have used Glocks for more $400 plus should expect to get a low offer so long as there are better deals at the stores. Just my two cents.

I have had a few people get upset at a low offer I have made. What many do not understand is that military and most first responders (police fire ems) get discounts from major manufacturers (Glock, springfield, Silencer Co, Ruger, Vortex just to name a few). If I can buy a new Glock at Ed's at $399 for flashing my LEO credentials, and you have a used Glock posted that I want, you should expect me to offer based on my cost. You just have to decide if you want to sell to me or hold out for someone that cannot buy at a reduced rate. I have had offers with military guys that could buy the gun I had new much cheaper than I could. Their offer did not offend me, I understood the gun was cheaper for them. I just had to decide how bad I needed to move the gun.
For example, Ed's pawn and public safety in Stockbridge has a bucket of police trade in Glocks right now that they are selling for $325 to the general public, it even looked like there were a couple of "C" models there. All of these guns already have night sights installed. Why would anyone pay more than $325 for a used Glock unless it was some kinda specialty model? Yet there are a bunch on here right now for more........these people that have used Glocks for more $400 plus should expect to get a low offer so long as there are better deals at the stores. Just my two cents.

I looked at the guns that you have sold on here. If you got a discount on them when you bought them, then you definitely made a profit on them when you sold them. Do you have a tax number, business license or an FFL? You broke the law, lol

Oh goodie, an "I can buy blue label Glocks" guy chimes in with regard to price. Funny how these public servants turn those blue label Glocks on here for going rate instead of adjusting the price based on what they paid, wear, depreciation, etc.

Oh goodie, an "I can buy blue label Glocks" guy chimes in with regard to price. Funny how these public servants turn those blue label Glocks on here for going rate instead of adjusting the price based on what they paid, wear, depreciation, etc.

Neckbeard gonna neck......

Back
Top Bottom