• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do y'all know about SOT kayaks?

Any of y'all know anything about SOT Kayaks?
I'm looking at the Wilderness Tarpon 100 or 120 and the Jackson Cruise 10 or 12.
Anyone have any input on either of those?
I'm looking to do small lakes like Sweet Water Park, Dog River Reservoir, and rivers like the Hiawasee, Etowah, Nanatahala, and creeks like Big Cedar Creek and the like.
I do plan to do some fishing off of them, but that won't be my primary focus. I've seen the models I've listed available in fishing set-ups, but will most likely get the plain version and set it up myself.

Thanks in advance!
Check out the Perception Pescador in the same lengths. It's based on the same boat (Wilderness).
And check out the Vibe Seaghost. Local boys and the product is well regarded. Probably what I'd get if in the market (Happy with Pescador now. Spent several hours in it yesterday. )

Check out the Perception Pescador in the same lengths. It's based on the same boat (Wilderness).
And check out the Vibe Seaghost. Local boys and the product is well regarded. Probably what I'd get if in the market (Happy with Pescador now. Spent several hours in it yesterday. )

thanks, i'll check into those as well.

As nonlib said, paddling.net is a wonderful resource.

If you're set on a sit on top, then don't read the rest of this. ;)

But.....if your primary focus is on cruising and river running, I would strongly suggest that you get a closed deck boat. For flatwater, they are faster, more nimble, and usually weigh less. As far as rivers or creeking go, a closed deck boat is much more maneuvrable and comfortable going down river. Being "in" the river as opposed to being "on" the river gives you a lot more control and allows you to feel your way a little better. Also, just a thought, the water on the Nantahala is a constant 45 degrees. That's a bit too nippy for me to be on a sit on top for two hours...but that's just me.

And check out the Vibe Seaghost. Local boys and the product is well regarded.

looked at a lot of stuff about it on-line and now that one looks to be in the running....thanks for making this harder....lol
it's just a little bit bigger than what i've been looking at, but you get a lot for the $$$
i'll have to make my way up to their place and check them out in person.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/perception-pescador-pro-120-fishing-kayak

agree!!!
get the pro version tho , i have the regular version and made a mistake.... seat comfort is number one!!!!!!
the pro is a great deal for what you get

looked at a lot of stuff about it on-line and now that one looks to be in the running....thanks for making this harder....lol
it's just a little bit bigger than what i've been looking at, but you get a lot for the $$$
i'll have to make my way up to their place and check them out in person.
A friend has one, and he's offered to let me borrow it. I need to take him up on that.... or maybe not! ;)

Back
Top Bottom