• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What do you do in the woods.

Look around and listen to the things going on in the woods, take naps, ( this is probably when the monster buck walks by laughing at me ) wish i could smoke a cig, think about stuff. wish i had a silencer so i could shoot the darn crows cawing and telling everything in the woods " hey there is a dude over here with a gun "

Napping in the woods has to be one of the greatest things about being out in the woods. Once the sun comes up, enjoy the beauty of Kentucky.

575402_10151756479571332_1730145415_n.jpg

TRUE STORY......my uncle, Atlanta city boy, wants to go deer hunting. You know the routine, up at 3, in the woods at 5. I always carry apples with me as a snack. Right at daybreak he approaches my stand and ask for an apple. He walks away about 100 yards and puts the apple in a tree and returns to my stand. I'm thinking wth. He then proceeds to take aim at the apple and fires. I asked.....wtf? He says "been here nearly hour and not seen a deer yet and got bored".
Good ending, he gets himself lost and shows up at campsite after dark and thanks me for building campfire or he would've stayed lost overnight. Damn campfire.
End of story........this happened 20 years ago and haven't hunted since. He eventually moved to Seattle Wa and claims he now shoots deer in his backyard to keep them outa his garbage cans.
That was my "big one" game boy.:dispirited:

Back
Top Bottom