• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What do you do in the woods.

well...after I stop at the gas station for supplies right before I get to the woods I try to take a dump and cant. then I get out to the woods. park my truck and load up my pack and get my rifle ready....then about after taking 5 steps or so I have to take a massive dump. lucky for me, I always remember to TP (sarcastic). so I download everything and do my business. then I put all my gear back on and get ready to go (by this time, its already light outside because I woke up late). find me a nice spot on the side of a ridge somewhere...take about 10 minutes clearing out leaves at a spot to lean against a tree on...and all the leaves at least a foot around me....download my pack and eat a small snack.....then of course, I have to poop again. try to go downwind of where im wanting to hunt and spook at least 3 deer going there....and of course I left my rifle at my cleared out spot.....I get back to my spot and hit my call a few times to try and get those spooked deer back at me....nothing answers but I hear movement behind me for at least an hour.....after an hour of being on edge waiting for the deer to appear I see it....a 5lb squirrel comes out the shadows.....I then fall asleep. when I wake up, its lunch time and I go back home. of course, pooping when I get back to the truck.

that's pretty much how my hunting trips go lol

I had a 8 point walk in from behind me last year. so I'm sitting in the same spot for a hour and a half look to my right my eyes are wigging think it's a deer, keep my eyes on it no movement. Crawled down and it a dead tree. Can't stand stand it when it happens

I'll tell ya one thing that pissies me off when you sit in a stand. That's dam squirrels

YEP......sittin in a stand some years ago right at daylight..so dang cold my nose and ears hurt and feet were numb... one in the next tree just kept sittin there barkin at me for about 15 minutes till I had enough....pulled out my .45 and let him hold one.....fur flew like blowin on a dandelion......

Back
Top Bottom