• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you do with random brass

kf4zht

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
85   0
Reaction score
Whenever I go to the range I end up picking up all the brass on the ground. Club rules are to pick up everything but 22 so I end up cleaning up for the people who didn't want to.

I reload 9, 45 and 380. Soon to start on 223 so I have been saving that for a while. I also save the common calibers (40, 38, 257, 44, etc) to give to buddies that reload those rounds.

Not sure what to do with the really random stuff. Last night I found 2 45 GAP, 1 5.7, 3 7.62x25, and a few other oddballs. I know that some of these are work something, especially in rifle cases, but it seems like a pain organizing and storing if you are going to find 1-2 a month. Thinking that the scrap bin is the best place for them but maybe there is a trick to it.

I put them all in marked baggies and sort them. Every so often I post up what I have or its good to have a few extras if I post something else reloading wise and offer to throw in some extra. If I end up with a decent quantity (50+) that I might post them for sale if I'm cleaned/deprimed them. or trade for something I need. I just bag all of the rifle into one bag and pistols in another bag and when I get bored I go thru and sort them further.

I've got a few Sig, Gap, and other rifle calibers. your odds and ends are someone elses gold. :)

BTW if you happen to have any of the following, let me know: 218 bee, 22 hornet, 32-20, 32 WS, 348 win, 35 rem, 45 schofield, 44 special/mag, 357, 280. ;)

I throw them in a seperate bin for calibers that I do not reload, eventually someone will need them, I have a few buddies that also reload calibers that I don't , so I just give them the brass they can use.

Back
Top Bottom