• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What else do I need for my reloading set up?

Forgot I had a bullet puller, I can take that off the list. lots of good suggestions. Its much easier to see everything at once in lists at this point. Looks like the next sizable investment for my set up will be towards a scale.

What is the problem with Lee Full Length rifle dies?

I have some in 30-06 and 223. They seem to work okay. I have used RCBS, HORNADY, Dillon as well. I like the Dillon dies the best--overall.

I have the regular beam scale, think it's a 505, been eyeballing this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ML9J86/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1404672991&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40

I know you mentioned trying to stick with all Lee items, but just throwing RCBS out there due to their exceptional customer svc

Not committed to just Lee stuff. Just was saying my base for everything was Lee at this point so I didnt want someone to tell me to scrap what I have to start all over. I will use anything that works good, Lee seemed the most recommended when I started pulling gear together.

They have a $10 off rebate on RCBS gear over $100 and I think $500 off anything over $300. Thats a little help in picking lol

Last edited:
I use a dial indicator to measure concentricity of the brass after full length resizing/assembled rounds, and runout is not within match/precision limits with most Lee flr rifle dies.For precision work I keep the total runout of the rounds-including how straight the bullet is seated to .004 or less. It makes for MUCH smaller groups with well developed loads.

Back
Top Bottom