• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What ever happened to the guy that moved to Costa Rica???????

If Costa Rica is getting too popular with the gringos, look at other places like Belize. A cousin of mine made some money here selling some land and ended up getting some condos down there he rents out, and stays at from time to time. Super dirt cheap still I think, and beautiful country.
When I went to Belize in 2015, the tour guide told us that they just recently had their first successful open-heart surgery or something to that effect. They had also just secured funding to pave one of the main roads there.

It's a neat place but.....................

When I went to Belize in 2015, the tour guide told us that they just recently had their first successful open-heart surgery or something to that effect. They had also just secured funding to pave one of the main roads there.

It's a neat place but.....................
Yeah I didn't think about that. :lol:

I went in 2009 and did some tourist stuff too, but wasn't thinking about my health back then!

Yeah I didn't think about that. :lol:

I went in 2009 and did some tourist stuff too, but wasn't thinking about my health back then!

Getting old is a B! LMAO

I wouldn't mind retiring out of country but I've got to have good medical availability. Heck, I just had to buy a new pill container bc the old one was too small lol...........

Getting old is a B! LMAO

I wouldn't mind retiring out of country but I've got to have good medical availability. Heck, I just had to buy a new pill container bc the old one was too small lol...........
Same is true at my house. I'm good but my wife has multiple medical issues. Recovering cancer patient, something called interstitial cystitis, vertigo to the point that she is occasionally in the ER for it, asthma... You get the picture. So we are going nowhere that does not have state of the art health care. It does suck particularly for her!

Same is true at my house. I'm good but my wife has multiple medical issues. Recovering cancer patient, something called interstitial cystitis, vertigo to the point that she is occasionally in the ER for it, asthma... You get the picture. So we are going nowhere that does not have state of the art health care. It does suck particularly for her!
I had my first bouts of virtigo last year and I can promise you it's terrible. Mine was pretty mild even. I'm sorry to hear this!

I had my first bouts of virtigo last year and I can promise you it's terrible. Mine was pretty mild even. I'm sorry to hear this!
Thanks my friend. Please be careful and look for solutions early. Hers started out very mild. Almost comical even to her. Now a bad spell can hit and it's uncontrollable vomiting, eyes covered, obviously assistance to walk etc. They taught her a maneuver to do at home. Works sometimes. Now she's in physical therapy for it. I pray your's does not progress to this. Sorry guys, didn't mean to highjack a thread.

The worst part for me is I have missed out on some great deals because I can't travel to far. I won't make a deal and then break it because she has a spell.

I've got a good friend who holds Costa Rican citizenship through his parents. Goes every year...any year now I expect him to stay. Think he would already be gone except for missing his grandchildren!

Back
Top Bottom