• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is a lowball offer?

th

Depends on who’s ranting.
Some here get upset if you offer the going rate for a gun you might think is worth much more, be it customized or you just paid too much.

Others think it means someone offered 1,5,20,50% less than asking price.

I’m sure others will chime in.

In reality it’s just a way to describe someone not getting offered the price they want.

Your avatar scares the crap out of me. I feel like it can see into my soul, and does not approve. lol

I would say the $90.00 that some idiot offered for the rough Browning Buckmark that was listed for $150.00. lol

I offered the $150.00 and met him half way, 40 miles for each of us.

The pistol looks worse than it is. Ran a mag through it like butter, but it sure was nasty. I hope it shoots as well when I get through cleaning it.

I typically don't offer less than the seller is asking, but there are exceptions. One was an item that was clearly overpriced, but I don't think the seller knew it. I very politely let him know in a PM and made a fair offer. He accepted it without any animosity.

In another I offered less than the item was worth, but the seller stated in the post he wanted to sell quickly and the price was negotiable. I let him know I knew the offer was low, but that was all I had in the gun fund at the time. Instead of just turning me down, which I was kind of expecting, he got pissed. That makes no sense to me.

Dang Bear....I just thought 150.00 was a little low for a stippled Glock. They’re worth 600 you know. :becky:

I would say the $90.00 that some idiot offered for the rough Browning Buckmark that was listed for $150.00. lol

I offered the $150.00 and met him half way, 40 miles for each of us.

The pistol looks worse than it is. Ran a mag through it like butter, but it sure was nasty. I hope it shoots as well when I get through cleaning it.
I damn near jumped on that. Is it stainless or nickle?

Back
Top Bottom