• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is proper action? Looking for suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handydad

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
177   0
Reaction score
I have been chasing my "Unicorn" for several years. Unicorn=Gun that is quite rare and hard to find anyone that will part with. I found one for trade for a specific gun on ODT. I send a PM to the owner and asked if he would sell. He told me at that time he would not sell but would contact me first if he decided to sell. I sent him a PM to thank him and also told him I would be on the lookout for the Specific pistol he was looking for. On Saturday I found that pistol on the trader and even noticed that the person with my "unicorn" had made a trade offer. The other gentleman was looking for cash. I worked a deal with the gentleman and then sent PM to person with the pistol I was looking for to inform him that I made a deal for the gun he wanted and set up the meet. About 2 hours later he informed me that he had sold the gun. He was willing to buy the one I made the deal for however at $50 less than I paid and I also had to drive 3 hours round trip to pick up this gun even though at that point I knew that the trade I wanted was already gone. I made a deal and I stuck with mine even though now I have a very nice fairly expensive pistol that does not appeal to me. I know this is all confusing but if you have any advice please forward. I have all of the PM's that went between me and the other gentleman saved. Does lack of morals deserve a negative or neutral feedback or should I just buck up and deal?

You trusted someones word and got tagged - it happens. This does not meet the criteria for bad feedback so all you can do is treat it as a lesson learned...

if he agreed to swap you before you went and got the one for him, then you are 100% justified for a Negative!
if he simply said he wanted it or would trade for it, but you didnt lock down any details about swapping specifically with you after getting it, then youre SOL.

Understood, guess I was raise differently, if you tell someone you'll give them first crack if he decides to sell seems like you should, obviously low integrity.

Sorry.

I had a similar situation recently. Many people put zero worth into their word, but I usually have had great dealings on here.

I am a man of my word, I make an offer and I stick by it.

Just have to move on and stay away from the idiots.

if he agreed to swap you before you went and got the one for him, then you are 100% justified for a Negative!
if he simply said he wanted it or would trade for it, but you didnt lock down any details about swapping specifically with you after getting it, then youre SOL.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom