• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

I was in a gun shop today after shooting Sporting Clays and there's this Black couple looking at a pistol, the women was holding the gun holding it up to her eye looking down the business end of barrel. :wacko:
I usually pull the bolt/slide first but I do this all the time after clearing the weapon. How else can you check the muzzle and crown. Hell I use a loupe.

Recently at the local gun store I heard a woman looking to buy a .380 pocket pistol to protect her dog against a possible coyote attack. But, then the guy behind the counter said "oh yeah this little .380 (Ruger LCP) would be a perfect coyote defense gun. No way would I let my dog out against a pack of 5 or 6 coyotes at a time, that's how they roll. That way you would have one shot for every coyote plus one left over." This seemed to "seal the deal" for that lady.

Rick Perry (TX Gov.) shot a coyote with his LCP. Maybe he was using that as a selling point

I was browsing in Bargain Barn once and i overhear this kid behind the counter talking to a customer about a plain jane AR15. I make my way down there because the kid sounded ignorant and i wanted to hear what he had to say.

The customer asks "whats this for?" And points at the bayonet lug.

Kid says: "oh, thats just for mounting the fun stuff civilians dont have access to"

I then interrupt and ask him what he means

He says "oh, you know, grenade launchers and stuff"

I correct him and explain to him that most launchers mount to a rail, and there are actually some launchers you CAN buy as a civillian.

He replies with "oh, well ive seen certain kinds that mount to the bayonet lug"

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Oh, and it wasnt in a gun shop, but i got pulled over once because i was about to pass someone but then saw the very "police explorer headlight-esque front end" behind me and got back into my lane, but i guess the cop thought I was swerving (it was at 11:30 pm on a friday night) and i get oulled over for a suspected DUI. Probably two other cruisers join him. Realize my Makarov is in my passenger seat and didnt have time to put it in my glove box, so i set it on my dash. Cop walks up to my window and i hand him my DL and Carry Permit and he asks all of the normal questions, and if i had been drinking that night, or if i had taken any drugs. I answer no to everything and explain i was just about to pass the driver in front but stopped because I didn't want a speeding ticket and he starts to walk back to his cruiser, stops and grabs my Mak off of my dash, and tells me he will give it back shortly.

By the time everything is over and done with he nearly forgets to give my gun back, then starts to put it in my passenger seat, then apparently changes his mind and starts to put it in the duffle bag in my back seat. He fiddles with it for a solid 45 seconds until I ask him what he is doing.

He tells me: Im just trying to eject the "clip"

I tell him its an eastern europran style heel release

And then he racks the slide for some ungodly reason

i then tell him "no, its a heal release. The magazine release is at the base of the gun where the base of the magazine itself is."

He finally figures it out, but when i got home, there was a round in the chamber from where he racked the slide.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Recently at the local gun store I heard a woman looking to buy a .380 pocket pistol to protect her dog against a possible coyote attack. But, then the guy behind the counter said "oh yeah this little .380 (Ruger LCP) would be a perfect coyote defense gun. No way would I let my dog out against a pack of 5 or 6 coyotes at a time, that's how they roll. That way you would have one shot for every coyote plus one left over." This seemed to "seal the deal" for that lady.

Hahaha. I do bring my LCP II out when walking the dog, but it is more for the 2 legged threat. My dog is also 80 Lbs so between my 380 and him I think we could scare off a few Yotes.

Back
Top Bottom