• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is wrong with me?

I recently inherited my grandfathers S&W 13-2 .357 revolver. According to my Grandmother he bought it new in the early 1960's and kept it in his sock drawer until the day he died. When we went through his things after his passing we found the 357, a box of ammo that contained 47 rounds of ammo, a S&W holster from the early 1960's, the box and paperwork that the gun came with, Upon further questioning from my grandma she said he had fired three rounds through it when he bought it and stored it for the next 40+ years. I will cherish this wheelgun forever, and it's a brand new 50 year old gun!

How the heck did I miss this thread for so long? If you're lucky the phase won't pass at all - it'll just continue to intensify!

[Broken External Image]:

How the heck did I miss this thread for so long? If you're lucky the phase won't pass at all - it'll just continue to intensify!

[Broken External Image]:

Dang fine looking Smiths. Don't you just love those old diamond service grips! Very nice indeed.

Revolvers are good.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v209_Kapp1_Favorites_IMG_0265.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v209_Kapp1_Favorites_24s.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v209_Kapp1_Favorites_M19.jpg

Last edited:
MGill, I agree, but there is a place for those polymer guns too. I like handguns of all makes and models, I just have an addiction to S&W revolvers. One last pic. It is an N frame that has not made the N frame group pic yet. It is a M520, .357.

i45.tinypic.com_1zcdqw.jpg
BBEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for the pic.

Ok Kapp, I am guessing here, but first photo, M686, just going by the front sight, second photo M28 4" and 6", last one a M19. My eyes are not as good as they once were,

Ok Kapp, I am guessing here, but first photo, M686, just going by the front sight, second photo M28 4" and 6", last one a M19. My eyes are not as good as they once were,

JWC - you are close. The top is a 696, middle is a 4" M24 and a Heritage M24, and the last one is indeed a 19 snubbie. I'll try to get better pics of the 24 - glad I don't have to depend on photography to feed my family!

I knew the top had to be either a M686 or M696 and just took a guess. The middle ones missed them both terribly. Should have noticed the front site on the 6". Is the M19, pinned and recessed. To me, it does not look like it is, but hey with my eyes, anything is possible. The problem is not the pics.

Back
Top Bottom