• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your "fastest" knife?

Gentlemen, is it possible to get a small, light, otf, worth having for $100. I carry the same assisted opening Kershaw that I have been using since 07 with no plans of switching. It really would just be a toy, but I would like it to with.

Gentlemen, is it possible to get a small, light, otf, worth having for $100. I carry the same assisted opening Kershaw that I have been using since 07 with no plans of switching. It really would just be a toy, but I would like it to with.

It sure is. Get a lightning OTF for around $40. Not the best by any means but, a workhorse! It's 4oz and isn't the lightest but, isn't the heaviest. The reason the expensive ones are so light is they use the Aircraft Aluminum.

Thanks Backwoods. You guys are a wealth of information. Do you have a preferred vendor.

:yo: Just a hobbyist man & no problem! BladeHQ,Kershawguy,new graham, Knifeworks,eknifeworks,blade ops. All good vendors!

**OTF's can become finicky if used all the time. A dab of "oil" ie. Rem oil on both sides of the tang works perfect. You don't wanna "gum" it up. I always have a can of "duster" on hand to clear out all the pocket lint.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom