• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your next gun purchase

I went to my little gun shop that's off the beaten trail to get some powder to the other day and I picked up a couple of pounds of. While I was there I thought I'd take a peek in the glass case at some of the handguns of the 1911 persuasion. I looked at a few I looked at one of the new Tisas jobs because I hadn't put hands on one and then I had the pleasure to pick up my next handgun which is going to be a Bull Armory. Man what a 1911! I've already made up my mind that's my next acquisition. They have a super slick action and the frame to slide fit is as tight as you can go without melting them together. It's an outstanding handgun for sure. I would venture to say that it's as close to a Dan Wesson as you can get without buying a Dan Wesson. They are that nice. For 900 and some odd dollars it's a steal for a 1911 of that quality. When I first saw them I thought with no bushing all the wear is up against the frame or slide rather but with the tapered Barrel that shouldn't be a problem. So I've made up my mind my next purchase is going to be a Bull Armory 1911. Unless I run into something that I just have to have and is a stupid price on every dime from here on out I'm going to put against a Bull Armory 1911.
Bul just released the EDC 45 in 9 or 45 you can buy direct off their web site. I’m on their wait list for the re release of the Trophy.

I don't know why; but thinking about a Henry or Marlin 45-70 side gate. Saw a new Henry yesterday with side gate and big loop for under $900 new. It had the brass butt plate, so don't know if that matters or now. I'm reloading so ammo wouldn't be that huge of a deal once I get everything. 44 mag leaver action would probably be a better choice; but you never know.

I did show wife ad for Staccato XC to see what she would say. She did tell me a while back to get a Barrett 50 if it would make me happy.:becky: I had to tell her that there was no where I could shoot one safely since we can only go 200 yards at the property and that is too close for safety.

I don't know why; but thinking about a Henry or Marlin 45-70 side gate. Saw a new Henry yesterday with side gate and big loop for under $900 new. It had the brass butt plate, so don't know if that matters or now. I'm reloading so ammo wouldn't be that huge of a deal once I get everything. 44 mag leaver action would probably be a better choice; but you never know.

I did show wife ad for Staccato XC to see what she would say. She did tell me a while back to get a Barrett 50 if it would make me happy.:becky: I had to tell her that there was no where I could shoot one safely since we can only go 200 yards at the property and that is too close for safety.
I know why you want a 45-70 side gate lever gun. Cause they are cool man! If you are going to get one why not get a grizzly gun. 😁 Henry guns are beautiful. Get a octagon barrel and brass receiver. Pure beauty!

I went to my little gun shop that's off the beaten trail to get some powder to the other day and I picked up a couple of pounds of. While I was there I thought I'd take a peek in the glass case at some of the handguns of the 1911 persuasion. I looked at a few I looked at one of the new Tisas jobs because I hadn't put hands on one and then I had the pleasure to pick up my next handgun which is going to be a Bull Armory. Man what a 1911! I've already made up my mind that's my next acquisition. They have a super slick action and the frame to slide fit is as tight as you can go without melting them together. It's an outstanding handgun for sure. I would venture to say that it's as close to a Dan Wesson as you can get without buying a Dan Wesson. They are that nice. For 900 and some odd dollars it's a steal for a 1911 of that quality. When I first saw them I thought with no bushing all the wear is up against the frame or slide rather but with the tapered Barrel that shouldn't be a problem. So I've made up my mind my next purchase is going to be a Bull Armory 1911. Unless I run into something that I just have to have and is a stupid price on every dime from here on out I'm going to put against a Bull Armory 1911.
If you could shoot my 70 series Tisas 1911 45 acp you would save yourself some money.

If you could shoot my 70 series Tisas 1911 45 acp you would save yourself some money.
Put a set of Dawson adjustable sights on the Tisas with a NighHawk drop in trigger and you will have one sweet shooting pistol for half price.

They had one there and I went to the counter to look at that particular gun because I had never handled one. They are nice but the Bull Armory is a light year better. There is no frame to slide gaps or movement. The slide is silky smooth and the trigger is perfect out of the box. The Tisas was nice and if you really are a first time 1911 owner I would recommend the Tisas in a heart best. However, that Bull Armory I handled was as close to a Dan Wesson as a gun could be without being a DW.

Also I already rebuilt a Tisas 0620 made for Umerex. I sold that gun but it was nice. It turned out really good. I replaced all the internals with Wilson Combat parts and worked the trigger down to 4 lbs. from between 8 and 9 lbs as it came out of the box. I had it for sale on here for around 400 and someone missed a hell of a gun. I will have to agree that the Tisas guns out of the box are really nice handguns for the price. I would venture to say probably one of the best in that price range or the best. I will own a Tisas at some point just because they are good quality and nice handguns right out of the box and are of excellent quality. I do agree with you they are worth every single penny and then some.

Back
Top Bottom