• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Kind of Gun/Caliber are you using opening day of Gun/Deer Season

I'll be using a Ruger M-77 Ultralight in .308 Winchester. The rifle is equipped with a Leupold VXII 3-9 x 40 scope. I will be shooting Hornady 150 grain Superformance SST ammo. This rig has accounted for more deer that I can remember, including shots out to well over 250 yards.

Customized Browning A-Bolt in 300WSM. This rifle in stock condition has been my go to big game rifle for about 10 or 12 years. I got a little custom work done to it this year and like it even more. It started as a Stainless Stalker with the BOSS system. The more years I hunted with it the uglier I thought it was and finally took the plunge. I got the BOSS cut off and had an 11 degree target crown done. The barrel is now 18 1/4 inches long. Had the barrel and receiver Cerakoted in Magpul green and put an OD with black web Bell and Carlson light weight stock on it. It's like having a new rifle that I'm completely familiar with.

The ammo is hand load with the Barnes 168 grain TTSX bullet. This round has worked exceedingly well on everything from small meat whitetails to an 850lb Kudu.

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, I love this freakin rifle. LOL!

This sounds SWEET
Please Post Pics.

My LH Stainless Stalker A Bolt will not be getting a haircut but I am maybe interested in seeing the stock.

My "Plain Vanilla" does NOT have BOSS.

Back
Top Bottom