• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What kind of media do you use?

Have been using walnut for 35 years and can't see any reason to change! Add a cap of Dillon liquid polish in with it ,comes out looking as new!

Pins wet for 1-2,000 cases of anything in the big dog. Corn cob for small batches and to put some dust on the pistol cases rumbed wet (the don't stick as much in the Dillon). Don't waste your time picking media from flash holes. Myself and others have chrono'd loads in tests and the blocked hole cases actually had lower standard deviation than those which were clear.

Corn cob. I dribble NuFinish car wax in it from time to time to rejuvenate it. I also clean with an old plastic coffee can and lid that I fill with scalding hot water, dawn and lemon juice and shake the fool outta it. It will get your cases clean, but you have to then wait for them to dry.

Pistol: tumble in treated CornCob, I do not de-cap them until they are on the Dillon for reloading.

Rifle: tumble in treated CornCob after de-capping, then resize, trim, inspect, prime, and load. Sometimes, when I have just a handful, I tumble in a kids’ rock tumbler with soap, water, and lemon juice, then I brush out the necks and primer pockets.

We purchase #8> size corn cob, put in our tumbler turn it own with only the corn cob in it, put about 1/6 of a bottle of Turtle wax, let the media and Turtle mix together for about 1/2 an hour + and then add your brass and it comes out slicker than a newly waxed car...

just a simple suggestion...

Back
Top Bottom