What kind of snake is this?

ITSNOTME

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
I've heard that there were a lot more snakes around this year and that I shouldn't kill them. I don't like them, but I know they serve a purpose. So what kind of snake is this trying to get on top of my duck pen?
0607140723a.jpg

It's stuck in my bird netting, I was thinking of cutting it away (as gently as I can). I know I'll be shaking b/c I'm admittedly scared of snakes, do you think it will bite? And if so, should I start away from it's head? I'm just asking what seem like stupid questions, but my usual response would be 12ga. and replace the netting. But I think I want to change that attitude. Thanks for your help and responses as well. -Brian

he shouldn't bite, but might be pissed off a bit from getting stuck lol. so just be careful cutting him out (start from tail to head) and be ready to just drop him when he comes loose if your not comfortable holding him.

just pop him in the back of the woods. if he does come back again take him further away next time.

he shouldn't bite, but might be pissed off a bit from getting stuck lol. so just be careful cutting him out (start from tail to head) and be ready to just drop him when he comes loose if your not comfortable holding him.

just pop him in the back of the woods. if he does come back again take him further away next time.

Will do. Thank you for the advice. -Brian

Last edited:
Get your wife to hold it's head while you get it loose...Remember it was designed to move forward, and it's scales will hang on things if you are pulling it backwards through that netting. Good on you for the attitude change. ;)

Back
Top Bottom