• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What knives do you fancy?

chopper duke

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
205   0
Reaction score
Since we have a few guys on here that like to throw down in the kitchen, what do you all like to use to slice your goods? The ode prefers German blades in the form of JA Henckles Twin Pro. I prefer the Japanese in theShun Kaji line. I recently learned of a U.S. Knife maker up in Brooklyn and I'm hoping that he has an 8" chefs in at the same time I have funds for one. The 10" run about $650 and the 8" run about $500.

Unfortunately all I have are Cuisenart Cutlery. The funny thing is, people spend big bucks on EDC knives, folders, etc. that they rarely use, but spend very little on the knives they use everyday in their kitchen.

Unfortunately all I have are Cuisenart Cutlery. The funny thing is, people spend big bucks on EDC knives, folders, etc. that they rarely use, but spend very little on the knives they use everyday in their kitchen.

I use a CRK Sebenza for all of the above :)

Nothing fancy in my kitchen at the moment, but I keep them all sharp and they work fine.

I'd like to get a set of ceramic knives, but for some reason the money keeps getting diverted elsewhere.

I've been using a 9 piece set of Füri knives I picked up a few years ago. I like them but supplement them with additional knives that don't fit in the block or are for special uses.

I have the same block set of Henckles I bought 20 years ago and they are there mid range stuff BUT $650 for a chefs knife????!!!!?? Maybey if I were a professional chef I didnt pay that much for my full set

Back
Top Bottom