• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Percentage of ODT Buyers refuse to Buy from a Seller who requires a Bill of Sale, DL or CCW

Do you refuse to buy from anyone who requires a Bill of Sale or to see your License

• Total voters
QUOTE from ALPHA 5717:
"As a Christian, I'm prohibited from having tattoos and body piercings."

This ban on tats and self-cutting is from the old testament ceremonial law. Do you do grain offerings & burnt offerings of meat at a temple also?
(Or would you if The Temple at Jerusalem hadn't been destroyed in 70 A.D.?)

Do you abstain from wearing garments of mixed fibers --different types of threads woven together?

Do you ever shave or even trim the corners of your beard? The same passages they talk about tats say not to do that!

I agree that ugly or demonic tats, or any excessive tats, can be seen by others as defacing your body, the body God gave you), and that is perceived by others that you do not respect God or appreciate this gift he gave you and thus it impairs your ability to minister to others and spread the Gospel.
But that's not the same as a flat-out ban on tattoos.

Work with and break bread with a guy that has tats all over. Probably the most honest man I know. To this day I haven’t heard him swear. Always looks for the good in people and situations. My go to guy when I’m frustrated and fed up. He always finds a way to get me back to center. If my wife was 25, smoking ass hot, and stuck with him on an island totally nude, I would never wonder if. Judging people is not for us humans here on earth. Nope, never has, never will. People who instantly judge someone because of their outward appearance gets my spidey senses tingling. When I meet someone for this first time they get a blank page. I form an opinion after I’ve spent some time with them. Drives my wife crazy!

p.s. you know who you are brother and you know I love you more that my luggage!

QUOTE from ALPHA 5717:
"As a Christian, I'm prohibited from having tattoos and body piercings."

This ban on tats and self-cutting is from the old testament ceremonial law. Do you do grain offerings & burnt offerings of meat at a temple also?
(Or would you if The Temple at Jerusalem hadn't been destroyed in 70 A.D.?)

Do you abstain from wearing garments of mixed fibers --different types of threads woven together?

Do you ever shave or even trim the corners of your beard? The same passages they talk about tats say not to do that!

I agree that ugly or demonic tats, or any excessive tats, can be seen by others as defacing your body, the body God gave you), and that is perceived by others that you do not respect God or appreciate this gift he gave you and thus it impairs your ability to minister to others and spread the Gospel.
But that's not the same as a flat-out ban on tattoos.
1629554069891.png

The poll question is different from the OP's first post asking about selling guns instead of buying them.

I'll show ID or sign a bill of sale / receipt when I'm buying, unless the seller objects.
I don't insist on it --not as a buyer nor as a seller, at least when selling to a person who's been on the ODT for a long time and has done many transactions and obviously has plenty of firearms already.

Selling a handgun to a newbie, a stranger here, I might insist on seeing iD and doing a hand written bill of sale signed by both of us.

I'd have the opposite inclination. A person who buys and sells excessively might be deemed to be "engaged in the business" and, consequently, you might be doing business with an unlicensed dealer. FWIW.

I'd have the opposite inclination. A person who buys and sells excessively might be deemed to be "engaged in the business" and, consequently, you might be doing business with an unlicensed dealer. FWIW.
It's a valid thought. But from my perspective, I'm not selling or trading anything I haven't had (and can prove by receipt) for more years than any case this criminal ATF could use to claim I'm an unlicensed flipping dealer

Only 10 things I require as we meet . No particular order -

1. Your not a bleeding liberal & never opened or donated to a democratic campaign headquarters for a Clinton, Obama, Biden or any other Marxist commie bastard candidate.
2. Don't say "I just want something to keep in my vehicle".
3. When I ask where are you from, you don't say
"We live in Chicago" and have N.Y. plates on your backed in car.
4. That you don't believe in Climate change nor Defunding the police.
5. That you don't take life too serious & laugh at yourself when you have a senior moment.
6. No prison tats or full body piercings unless your a smoking hot female.
7. "Don't trust Whitey & Lord loves a working man". (The Jerk).
8. Believe "Fat drunk & stupid is no way to go thru life son" (Dean Wormer)
9. You don't call a magazine a clip.
10. Above all else : That your pants are not hanging down below your butt cheeks.
Amen to all that… lol
B2E0223E-477C-4A8A-A0AB-282C825F758F.gif

Back
Top Bottom