• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What should I do with this thing???

ParaSloth

Default rank <500 posts
Paratrooper
23   0
Reaction score
Well this is what I get for being preoccupied and not looking close enough at an auction
www.milsurps.com_images_smilies_lol.gif

At first I looked past the fact it was sporterized because I saw what excellent shape it was in - paint, etc., so I bid on it. Well, obviously I won.

AFTER winning the auction, I looked at it closer (three pics below are the only ones which were provided) and, to my horror, saw the barrel had been cut in front of the sight. Still not giving up hope, the rifle was in such good shape I thought maybe it was stamped Parker Hale somewhere (Standard No4). Showed up to pick it up and, nope.

I will say that whoever sporterized it - it appears to be professionally done as it is immaculate - both inside and out. Cleanest looking Enfield I have seen. All matching serial numbers - even the magazine! I'm envisioning that it was completely stripped, cleaned, and redone. There are no stamps anywhere (not even an import stamp) - aside from the typical stamps you see on an Enfield. One thing I cannot figure out is why the magazine was punched - rain intrusion?!?

Oh well. Just a lesson in not being preocuppied and watching what you are buying. Regardless, a very nice, clean Enfield in deed. Who knows ... I may turn it into a project... fake L39 sniper ... fake Enforcer..."tanker" ... any suggestions? Or just keep it as an awesome sporter?

pix861135998.jpg
pix184882457.jpg
pix861135998.jpg
pix184882457.jpg
pix898423959.jpg

$211...a bit more than I wanted to pay for a spotter, but then given its condition I thought it was fair. Then when I thought it was a Parker Hale or similar it would have been a great deal!

I'd take it for that price.
I'd probably try to find a new stock and get it back to something closer to the original. At this point it's pretty much a blank canvas - bubba has done his work.

Back
Top Bottom