• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What should I do with this thing???

"Do a little research into the 7.62x54r conversions". What value would that be except for round cost? Bubbaizing an already bubbized rifle.

Not much honestly. Ammo has been a lot more available, I have a pile of it, and if the rifle has already been butchered it wouldn't be destroying anything real nice. No way I would do this to anything that has a hope of restoration, and there are plenty of roughly treated Enfields out there,

Yeah honestly I have to leave it 303...but only because I have the option of reloading, etc.

Scout if you get the bug and wanted to play with the 54r conversion (which sounds interesting!) I could put you in a decent rig that I was in the very early stages of turning into a L42 clone - so the barrel is chopped down (didn't crown it yet). It's in pieces now but eventually the only thing you need to purchase would be a new firing pin and whatever the world the pin screws into (cannot remember at the moment). I purchased it as a barreled receiver and added parts from another junk gun I had. I'd even throw that junk gun in (which is now a barreled receiver), although I would count that receiver as toast. It would be cheap I promise :)

I did the exact same thing a few years ago.

I have a sporterized No. 1 Mk III sitting in my closet because I didn't notice the barrel had been cut...

Thought I was getting a great deal on a WWI vintage SMLE, that I would restore.

I have a real jungle carbine and a golden state arms they shoot the same .... the British tried to converting 303s into 308 but the receivers were too weak and they come apart ....The Ishapores were 308 and are safe to shoot ..But I would stay clear of rechamberd 303

Back
Top Bottom