• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What subsonic 300 blackout is everybody using?

those casting bullets for the 300- are you powder coating them? with or without gas checks?

I bought an NOE 247gr mold a while ago when I was looking into 300 but never got around to building an upper. Now that I have a can in jail (45 Ghost) I'm starting to get things together for an upper.

Seems like most were using 1680 powder with decent results for subs but not much info on cast at the time. Any leading issues or things to consider as I build an upper (ideally 8-9" barrel w/ pistol gas).

I have a spare oven and bought powder from one of the cast bullit guys as well.

looking for something cheap and halfway accurate. Cheapest I’ve found is 30c a round for some Speer hot cores.
If you are reloading I found 200 gr plated Berry bullets at Midway usa on sale for .16 cents each .309 dia. Outlaw bullets has premium hunting bullets for $1.00 each.
I load the Berry bullets in my suppressed Ruger American Ranch rifle in 7.62x39 with 1/9.75 twist with 6.5 grains of Trail Boss. I can hit a golf ball every time at 100yards and it sounds like a quiet pellet gun. At 25 yards they go into one hole.

Midway occasionally has “seconds” of Hornady ‘s 212gr eld-x. I’ve have very good results with those. I stocked up on them a few years ago when they were $0.28 per.

Really looking for projectiles. I would like to try some lil gun powder as well. Not really looking to cast at the moment although it’ll happen when we finally get moved.
I know your main interest with this thread is subs, but regarding lil gun, it is my go-to for 300BO supers. I have produced devastating results in both ballistics gel and deer with lil gun behind Hornady 125gr SSTs at 2350fps.

Back
Top Bottom