What to buy, 5..56 or 7.62 can?

Get the .308 can. Much more versatile, and it's a purchase where there is a nearly zero secondary market. Get what you want up front, and get the most versatile can you can afford. As my interests have changed over time, I'm glad in had the foresight to get my rifle can as a .30 cal so I can run it on a more diverse array of rifles.

Looks perfect to hang off the end of my 700p Is it build to withstand redneck 556 mag dumps?

I'm leaning heavier towards their specwar 762 right now.

Below is what Silencerco said over on Snipershide about the Harvester, and I linked you to the thread. Although I do not plan on using the Harvester for mag dumps, the apparent strength of the can is why I am going with it. It looks like you get the light weight of titanium without having to worry about heating it up.

"The harvester is an awesome precision rifle can. It was developed because we shoot in the PRS and wanted the best can for that style of shooting. It I super light 11 oz. The muzzle brake is super effective. And the 17-4 baffles are strong, no need to worry. We have beat the crap out of them and other than the people doing mag dump after mag dump every weekend, you won't wear this can out of diminish its performance. We offer back caps in 7/16", 1/2", 5/8", and 3/4". "

Below is what Silencerco said over on Snipershide about the Harvester, and I linked you to the thread. Although I do not plan on using the Harvester for mag dumps, the apparent strength of the can is why I am going with it. It looks like you get the light weight of titanium without having to worry about heating it up.

"The harvester is an awesome precision rifle can. It was developed because we shoot in the PRS and wanted the best can for that style of shooting. It I super light 11 oz. The muzzle brake is super effective. And the 17-4 baffles are strong, no need to worry. We have beat the crap out of them and other than the people doing mag dump after mag dump every weekend, you won't wear this can out of diminish its performance. We offer back caps in 7/16", 1/2", 5/8", and 3/4". "

Good info, thanks. I don't really plan on doing mag dumps, its more a "how tough is it" question. Sounds like a great can....

This is why I like to impulse buy, my brain is starting to hurt from all this thinking.

Get the .308 can. Much more versatile, and it's a purchase where there is a nearly zero secondary market. Get what you want up front, and get the most versatile can you can afford. As my interests have changed over time, I'm glad in had the foresight to get my rifle can as a .30 cal so I can run it on a more diverse array of rifles.

Definitely sold on .30 for this one. Maybe a 5.56 later.

My next can will most likely be the Specwar 7.62. Running it with 300blk subs and its around 125db (according to the youtube video i seen), and it was just as quite running 5.56 as the Specwar 5.56.

Get a Silencerco harvester, it is a direct thread can but has different pistons for thread patterns I believe

I have decided on this one. I can use it on 7.62x39, 6.8 and 5.56. Lightweight and tough. I don't plan on doing any bumpfire with this thing mounted so I think it will last. I hope the hunting with suppressor bill gets passed this year. I would love to snipe a deer with my 6.8 suppressed. I see changing my 300 Blackout to SBR in my near future.

I have decided on this one. I can use it on 7.62x39, 6.8 and 5.56. Lightweight and tough. I don't plan on doing any bumpfire with this thing mounted so I think it will last. I hope the hunting with suppressor bill gets passed this year. I would love to snipe a deer with my 6.8 suppressed. I see changing my 300 Blackout to SBR in my near future.

16" minimum on 300 blk per SilencerCo.

Back
Top Bottom