• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to carry to yellow stone national park.

Zeake

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
So what would you carry to yellow stone? Gun wise and just general day hiker pack.
I will be there this summer.

Well I don't own either. I have owned a 500 s&w and would not mind a smaller one this go round. I have multiple glocks. 22 35 23 all .40 . . Double action is a must on a wheel gun, but My 357 magnum is really just a paper puncher.

I've had quite a few wheelguns including a 29 and a 629 but I've always wanted a Mountain Gun. This would be on my list for bear and psycho country.
6063402333_82a64191aa_z.jpg

Another crappy thing is I will likely be recovering from a hand surgery and be forced to use it left handed if I had to use it. I shot a snake left handed over the weekend. Not my best shooting.

Just bring a small 22 pistol and if you get in between mama and her cubs shoot whoever you're with in the knees with the 22. Problem solved and no harsh recoil for your healing hand! :lol:

Take some insect repellent. It is not worth going, the forests are largly eaten up by the powderpost beetle..just not pretty anymore.

It isn't up to me. I opted to wait till a time we can stay for several weeks not one week. Bug repellant is a must.I didn't think of that.

Bug repellant
Big wheel gun maybe
back up 2 leg snake gun
fire starting materials
3 small lite weight flash lights.
Big knife
little knife.
compass
map

I know I am missing a bunch of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom