• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to carry to yellow stone national park.

Stupid phone. Lol I can outrun my pug in a sprint. I think three 50+ dollar flash lights is too much money. That 329 looks awesome. I am still leaning toward a 500 s&w . Also it is against my religion to buy anything new. Price is a factor. Ican buy at dealer cost because a good friend has an FFL. I still find it difficult to buy new. I do own a 500 handi rifle is one reason I lean in that direction. Any one seen a Taurus in 500?

I used to be a park ranger in Yellowstone, we had our service weapons plus .44 mags and 308's to carry along with big containers of bear oc spray. Just make lots of noise, get bear bells (buy jingle bells here beforehand to save money) and keep your head on a swivel. Its truly an awesome place. I would seriously check in to the carry laws in the park, when I was there they had zero tolerance on weapons inside the park besides federal leo's , but i think that changed in 2010.

Thanks. I checked local and park laws. I can carry in all the surrounding states and park legally now. I will get the spray and jingle bells. I have no plans of shooting anything. If I do have to in self defense call rangers right? Also anything in particular to see while there?

I'd choot it. I have shot 30-06 desert eagle pistol one handed. The quick sharp snap is what gets you.

Back
Top Bottom