• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to Do. 10-22 scope adjustment

wallacem

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
163   0
Reaction score
I put a shaw bbl and new stock on the 10-22, ordered a cheap scope from CDNN, 10-40x50. Put it on and is great, but ran out of adjustment moving the impact up. Best it will do is shooting 4" low at 50 yards. The scope is currently sitting real close to the bbl up front, so I cant simply shim up the rear ring. shimming the base would cause priblems of the base screws to short then. Is there an adjustable base or rings for the 10-22? Wallacem

A Shaw bbl did this, but the point of impact was OK with a standard Ruger barrel?

Sounds like there's some kind of misalignment between the barrel and the receiver. I have heard of this happening before and I had something of a problem with it on one of my 10/22s but I still managed to zero the scopes within the factory provided adj. range.

Suggestion:

Pull your a barrel off again, clean everything around the breech end and the recess in the Ruger rifle receiver.

Make sure there's no grit or metal shavings in there anywhere.

Then tighten it down again --carefully.

PS: Did you change to using a different barrel block perhaps?

Gosh, sorry, I didn't mention, I had a 24 power scope on there and it adjusted and shot perfect. The problem occured when I changed scopes. This new scope does not have enough adjustment. I just ordered a new scope base that has a 20 moa cant on it which should cure the problem. Wallacem

Gosh, sorry, I didn't mention, I had a 24 power scope on there and it adjusted and shot perfect. The problem occured when I changed scopes. This new scope does not have enough adjustment. I just ordered a new scope base that has a 20 moa cant on it which should cure the problem. Wallacem
0.o I'd be looking at the scope but that is just me. Good luck man.

Afteer spending some time online, I ordered a new 10-22 base with a 20MOA Cant to it. That will pitch the scope down up front and should cure the problem. Wallacem

Back
Top Bottom