• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to do in Nashville?

I am originally from Nashville, but I married a Georgia girl. We call it Nastyville. After they closed down the Opryland amusement park, the family fun moved elsewhere. It is primarily adult style entertainment around there. I love to go to Vanderbilt ballgames but who even knows if they will be in town when you go. I don't have kids, so I really don't know what there is for families anymore.

My daughter attended Vandy for 4 years so I spent a lot of time there. Go downtown if nothing else. Where they like it or not they will never forget it and it's something to see. Same for Opryland USA. It is like visiting 6 Flags for the first time, without the rides of course. It is a hotel of all hotels and they will hear about it forever. They can say I've been to both places. A walk on the Vandy campus is quite impressive also and may go a long way later for them.

My daughter attended Vandy for 4 years so I spent a lot of time there. Go downtown if nothing else. Where they like it or not they will never forget it and it's something to see. Same for Opryland USA. It is like visiting 6 Flags for the first time, without the rides of course. It is a hotel of all hotels and they will hear about it forever. They can say I've been to both places. A walk on the Vandy campus is quite impressive also and may go a long way later for them.
Agreed - Vandy is awesome, but unfortunately for those who attended Opryland before the early 90's. It's changed, mostly shopping now but if you are a Country music fan, and I'm not, it is the Capital of all Country music.

Take them for a ride down Murfreesboro Rd. Show them what happens to people who do drugs. I've managed a site there since the late nineties. Nothing has changed. Homeless and hookers.

Back
Top Bottom