• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What to do when someone makes a deal and then back out?

kamran77

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
232   0
Reaction score
Whats your personal opinion on this? I think if someone is courteous enough to get you in loop and let you know the situation is its fine (Depending on a length of notice) but when you dont hear back after few PM's? Would you continue doing business with that kind of member or would you leave a negative feedback and move on? Just curious.

Whats your personal opinion on this? I think if someone is courteous enough to get you in loop and let you know the situation is its fine (Depending on a length of notice) but when you dont hear back after few PM's? Would you continue doing business with that kind of member or would you leave a negative feedback and move on? Just curious.

I backed out of a deal today because of the death of my grandma and am going to have to drive up to Maryland and miss 4 days of working, do not have time to get money order, and get in mail and all that along with the unexpected expense of driving to Maryland and miss work. The guy I was going to purchase it from was very understanding, that being said I still feel bad for backing out and under normal circumstances would not have done that. I did tell him that I would still honor the deal if he did not want to agree to let me back out.........

I backed out of a deal today because of the death of my grandma and am going to have to drive up to Maryland and miss 4 days of working, do not have time to get money order, and get in mail and all that along with the unexpected expense of driving to Maryland and miss work. The guy I was going to purchase it from was very understanding, that being said I still feel bad for backing out and under normal circumstances would not have done that. I did tell him that I would still honor the deal if he did not want to agree to let me back out.........

Sorry to hear about your grandma, and have a safe trip to MD.

No problem with this, sounds honest and fair as you could ask for.

Totally depends on how the person handles it...

I had a guy blow-up my PMs before we met, then say he was 'late, but on the way' after I drove 70 miles or so and called him from the meeting spot.

Two hours and 9 or 10 unanswered phone calls later I gave up and PM'd him about resetting the meet. Never heard back on anything so I gave him a negative review. Looks like he canceled his acct here, since his name's not on the member list anymore.

Lesson learned though, I look at the feedback now before committing to a meet. If it's someone without much history I get on the phone with them (or at least email a bit) to see if I can get a read.

I did have another guy back out once when he had a sick kid. He called me well ahead of time, and let me know that it wasn't going to happen.

That to me was fine. Life happens and even if it was just an excuse (which I doubt), it's part of the deal with trading, otherwise I'd just get my guns at WalMart. I certainly didn't give him a negative, just re-listed it.

Sorry for your loss brother and hope you have a safe trip. Your situation is very understandable and it will be crazy not to understand it.

Back
Top Bottom