• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What to do when someone makes a deal and then back out?

Whats your personal opinion on this? I think if someone is courteous enough to get you in loop and let you know the situation is its fine (Depending on a length of notice) but when you dont hear back after few PM's? Would you continue doing business with that kind of member or would you leave a negative feedback and move on? Just curious.

The time and place and price generally need to be agreed upon in PMs before it is actually Itrader worthy.

Totally depends on how the person handles it...

I had a guy blow-up my PMs before we met, then say he was 'late, but on the way' after I drove 70 miles or so and called him from the meeting spot.

Two hours and 9 or 10 unanswered phone calls later I gave up and PM'd him about resetting the meet. Never heard back on anything so I gave him a negative review. Looks like he canceled his acct here, since his name's not on the member list anymore.

Lesson learned though, I look at the feedback now before committing to a meet. If it's someone without much history I get on the phone with them (or at least email a bit) to see if I can get a read.

I did have another guy back out once when he had a sick kid. He called me well ahead of time, and let me know that it wasn't going to happen.

That to me was fine. Life happens and even if it was just an excuse (which I doubt), it's part of the deal with trading, otherwise I'd just get my guns at WalMart. I certainly didn't give him a negative, just re-listed it.

You are much bigger person and I respect that. I am not going to leave negative feedback or get on nastygrams but will not buy from them again or sell anything to them either.

I had a guy agree on a price, place, and time then text me on the morning of the meet. He said his wife was diagnosed with cancer and needed to save every penny for chemo.

I looked into it only to find he bought the exact same rifle from another member. Feedback -1

I had a guy agree on a price, place, and time then text me on the morning of the meet. He said his wife was diagnosed with cancer and needed to save every penny for chemo.

I looked into it only to find he bought the exact same rifle from another member. Feedback -1

That is bad karma for him.

That is MESSED up!

Wow and that member is still trading? amazing!!

I've only met stand up guys so far. So far so good. The trader is a great place. I hope everyone honors their deal and if they have something like family or work come up just be honest about it and either the deal is over (no harm no foul) or make arrangements for the same deal at a more convenient time for both involved.

It is a case by case scenario for me. I am gullible, so I tend to take people at their word if they back out before the meet.

I have been stood up once, but I took the buyer at face value and did not leave negative feedback because I believed the situation that resulted in his no show.

However, after years of trading, I have not has as many "deals" with noob flakes fall apart as I have had in the past 6 weeks. If it wasn't for the ODTs ridiculously high standard for what constitutes a "deal", I would have left many negative feedback a recently.

If they give me notice, and back out I let it go and move on. No negative feedback as far as I am concerned is warranted. I don't really need to know a reason, because if they just change their mind thats fine with me as long as they tell me before the meet.

Back
Top Bottom