• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What to do when someone makes a deal and then back out?

There's been a couple times me and other members just couldn't get together do to work schudules and such so we both called it off. If we can't get a meet together for something simple like a holster or something like that in a couple days ill say hey if you get a offer before we can meet if it like a week before we can meet ill say sell it.

Now one time I drove a long dang ways to meet someone and talked the whole way meeting close to them. I get 10mins away I do my normal calls say hey im getting close and no answer so i figured maybe he's just getting stuff togetherm so I go the meeting spot we can talked about 30mins before that. I sit there call and text a couple times nothing. Waited about 30mins no answer on all the calls I drove 2 1/2 hours to get there so I left. 15 plus calls later and numerous text I finally get a call 2hrs later saying oh yea my phone got shut off due to payment. Luckly I had stopped at bass pro heck at the point I said meet me here. I did the deal and put that person om my heck no deal list never again. That alone about turned me off from the site. It wasnt my first deal.on here so looking at my feedback you wont figure out who it is.

Now everyone else has been great there is some good people on here and ive got a couple friends on here some I talk to all the time.

I don't mind doing good shout outs to people who will treat you right.

One is dave at classic city I dealt with him before he actually got the dealer stuff going and was great then and still is.

I have had it happen 3 times recently.

If I havent lost any money, as in gas ,then I just wont deal with again.

If Im out funds, then they get a Neg.

While I have done some trading, I have only left negative feedback once. Drove 45 miles to meet him, talked to him on the way, got to the meet and he texted that he could not meet today. He knew I was on the way, could have called it off while I was headed to the meet site. He didn't, got negative feedback. The only one I have given.

When you PM someone regarding an item posted what's the etiquette with turn around time to reply to sender? Don't want to keep on bugging someone but if they have an item listed and you have given then an offer, a yes, no or get out of here would be a common courtesy?

When you PM someone regarding an item posted what's the etiquette with turn around time to reply to sender? Don't want to keep on bugging someone but if they have an item listed and you have given then an offer, a yes, no or get out of here would be a common courtesy?

There are guys on here who will not respond to (their words not mine) "lowball offers" or absurd/non-listed trade offers.

If the ad says "FS only", "price firm", or "only interested in xyz in trade" and you offer something else, you may not get a response.

There are guys on here who will not respond to (their words not mine) "lowball offers" or absurd/non-listed trade offers.

If the ad says "FS only", "price firm", or "only interested in xyz in trade" and you offer something else, you may not get a response.
:wave:

I've only gotten burned once on a deal, and it was a drive by member, so no good to leave feedback. I showed up and he didn't...finally contacted me later and told me he decided to sell to his brother. Whatevs...I didn't need it anyway, lol...I'm guessing he realized how good a deal he was about to give me and had sellers remorse.

I would imagine if I ever left negative feedback on someone, it'd be after a price, time, place was set and got a no show. Things come up, bills need to be paid, wives veto deals (I've had that happen a couple of times on my end lol), I get it. But if we agree on a price and set a time and date and I'm there and you're not, I have a problem with that. If we're set to meet at 1200 and you call at 1100 and say you can't make it for whatever reason, fine, at least you gave me a heads up.

The other thing that would cause negative feedback and a cancellation of the deal is getting price, time, place set...then trying to alter the deal once we get there. That could be offering less money, demanding more, the item isn't as described or missing accessories, whatever.

I had a guy back out at a meet recently, but that's ok with me. I want you happy with what you are buying or trading for. He was nice enough to give me gas money to cover my trip, so no hard feelings.

Unfortunately I have been on the douchebag end of this situation about a year ago. Had actually just joined this site had a guy wanting to buy an AR from me, talked to him said he could meet such and such day at such and such time, I said okay if something happens between now and then I will let you know. Several hours later, a buyer asked to buy it, I agreed- sold to him and just plum forgot to call the guy to let him know. It was wrong, I received rightful negative feedback for it and since then I have NEVER backed out on a deal, failed to meet, and only been 5 minutes late one time but remained in contact with the seller the entire time. I felt like a piece of **** for doing that and will NEVER let it happen again no matter what. It was a complete dick thing to do and since then I have made every effort possible to only get positive feedback from buyers/sellers.

I have driven to meet a guy that didnt show, said his son sold it to a friend or some BS. I didnt leave feedback because I was already in the area for another trade. I've had one guy have trading remorse so we swapped back, inconvenient but I'm too nice sometimes so I traded back. The only thing that gets me is if you say your are willing to ship on an item and a deal is brokered but the seller pulls out when someone in their area offers cash. It gets under my skin but i dont leave a negative feedback. once again im probably too nice.

Back
Top Bottom