What to do with an OLD 870

That bullpup is worth more than the gun... didnt really think that one thru. I have an older one I have jp for trade... I think im gonna end up trying to find something to do to it to. Good luck

I have used citrustrip with great success. An old toothbrush work wonders in the checkering. But remember it is water based and can also lift pressed checkering if allowed to sit to long. As far as the metal goes do what you are comfortable spending. Spray bomb, duracoat etc. or you can always pay for a reblue.

You might even be surprised what's under the paint. Youmight try removing it from the metal with some mineral spirits, paint thinner or brake fluid on a rag in a few spots and see what you've got.
If it's nothing you can work with then check out sponge camo instructions/videos on the internet. Easy to get good looking results with a couple of spray cans.

Why not just leave it as it is and shoot the heck out of it. Any older Express will have the metal trigger guard assy, old style magazine tube that will allow extended mag tubes to be screwed on easily and in general be an excellent shotgun.

If you want to turn it into something more home defensive, whack the barrel down to 18.25" and re-install a bead (I presume this gun has a vent rib barrel).

I've got a Express from late 1989 and its been an outstanding shotgun for all these years.

Regards,

Rob

Back
Top Bottom