• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What tranmission came in this Mustang?

HVACGuy

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
136   0
Reaction score
So I picked up an 87' 5.0 on here from a trader a week ago. Bought a Steeda short throw on my way home today. I got everything apart, and the bolt pattern wasn't what I was expecting... I was expecting it to be a T5 because that's what this year came with. I don't recognize this pattern at all. I haven't picked up a low profile jack yet, so I can't get under it to look for a tag (about 5-6" clearance under the car.) Has anyone seen this bolt pattern before? There are six on the bottom plate, and not in a linear pattern at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 56
I know the owner of Steeda, LOL

but I don't know much about tranny's but I heard @Lockout was an expert....

You can tell him I love their products. I just bought a full set of new lamps and a set of pedals too! I wanted to put the short throw on (have had them before on previous mustangs,) but alas, it wasn't meant to be today, lol.

Thought about that... May give it a try, but I'm thinking I'd be real lucky catching a photo of the tag on it. Who knows...
If I do I'll post that too. Anything to help me figure it out!

You can tell him I love their products. I just bought a full set of new lamps and a set of pedals too! I wanted to put the short throw on (have had them before on previous mustangs,) but alas, it wasn't meant to be today, lol.

haha... I haven't spoke with him in 4-5 years, their Florida location was a few hundred yards from my old company. (they built 3 of my mustangs)

Back
Top Bottom