• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What tranmission came in this Mustang?

Ignore the grime... Lots of things to fix on this guy before I drive it much. Transmission pan gasket, oil pan gasket, radiator and hoses... Just too much to list, lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 35
That appears to be a dirty Tremec 3550. Nice upgrade over a t-5. I run them in all my mustangs. Only downside is finding parts for them when syncros and sliders start wearing out.

Reactions: MRM
Second glance at the last pic looks like a t5 though... 3550's have two inspection plates on top you should be able to see from up top through the tunnel with a flashlight.

Man, I think you might have nailed it! The bolt pattern looks like it lines up. I'm going to try and get a closer look at it in the daylight. I'll post back if I find it to be the case. I hope you're right! I definitely appreciate everybody's help with this! I work like 80hrs a week, so getting to shops and buying parts is always a hassle. I return stuff constantly, lol. I'm always stuck ordering from online, not knowing what the results will be until that random evening or Sunday afternoon, when everything is closed!

Man, I think you might have nailed it! The bolt pattern looks like it lines up. I'm going to try and get a closer look at it in the daylight. I'll post back if I find it to be the case. I hope you're right! I definitely appreciate everybody's help with this! I work like 80hrs a week, so getting to shops and buying parts is always a hassle. I return stuff constantly, lol. I'm always stuck ordering from online, not knowing what the results will be until that random evening or Sunday afternoon, when everything is closed!
From now on just message me if you need parts. I have a friend in Newnan that's got more fox body stuff than summit lol. I hope its a tremec! They're solid transmissions, can be a little noisy but they can take some abuse!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

From now on just message me if you need parts. I have a friend in Newnan that's got more fox body stuff than summit lol. I hope its a tremec! They're solid transmissions, can be a little noisy but they can take some abuse!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I bet you've blown a few tranny's in your life, LMAO

Back
Top Bottom