What useful skills do you have for after TSHTF?

Pros that are often said about me:

1) He lives vicariously through himself.

2) He once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels.

3) His beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man’s entire body.

4) When it is raining, it is because he is thinking of something sad.

5) His shirts never wrinkle.

6) He is left-handed and right-handed.

7) If he were to mail a letter without postage, it would still get there.

8) The police often question him just because they find him interesting.

9) His blood smells like cologne.

10) On every continent in the world, there is a sandwich named after him. His hands feel like rich brown suede.

11) Cuba imports cigars from him. Mosquitos refuse to bite him purely out of respect. In museums, he is allowed to touch the art.

12) His business card simply says “I’ll call you.”

13) He has won the lifetime achievement award, twice.

14) If he were to punch you in the face, you would have to fight off the urge to thank him.

15) He bowls overhand.

16) He is fluent in all languages, including three that he only speaks.

17) He tips an astonishing 100%.

18) Once while sailing around the world, he discovered a short cut.

19) Panhandlers give him money.

20) He divorced his wife because he caught her littering.

21) His passport requires no photograph.

22) When he drives a new car off the lot, it increases in value.

Cons:

None that I am aware of. See above.
Are you the most interesting man on the world?

Just a reminder for those of you who already are planning on going - and a heads up to those of you who are interested.

We are going to have a meet and greet this Friday (October 24th) at 7pm at a local restaurant / bar in Chamblee (PM me for exact location).

The purpose of the meet and greet is to meet is to find like minded people who are interested in setting up a Mutual Assistance Group "MAG" for if and when a disaster (whether natural, man made, short term or long term) occurs.

My personal focus is on getting a MAG together interested in the North Georgia mountains - or Cherokee County, North Carolina. But others will be interested in going south or west I am certain - and those groups would be great to coordinate with JUST IN CASE.

One thing I'd comment on the idea of going to NE GA mtns, or some other locale:

Unless one has property there, or the group buys property there, it's a very bad idea. Think of it like this- would you camp in your neighbors backyard without asking? Unless you own property at your bug out destination, you're most likely heading to someone elses proverbial backyard. While it may be national forest, in some locations, the locals have hunted/fished/moonshined/poached/lived there for generations. If all of a sudden there are 5+ people residing there, they won't be befriended. They might be eaten, but will at least be dealt with like enemies.

If you don't believe that this is the case, head up to the mountains and walk through someone's yard in the early morning or after dark.

Unless one has property there, or the group buys property there, it's a very bad idea. Think of it like this- would you camp in your neighbors backyard without asking? Unless you own property at your bug out destination, you're most likely heading to someone elses proverbial backyard. While it may be national forest, in some locations, the locals have hunted/fished/moonshined/poached/lived there for generations. If all of a sudden there are 5+ people residing there, they won't be befriended. They might be eaten, but will at least be dealt with like enemies.

If you don't believe that this is the case, head up to the mountains and walk through someone's yard in the early morning or after dark.

she is leading a group with the intent to purchase a good chunk of land up there, not be squatters.

Oh - I agree completely - no squatting. Like ImaDad said - the plan is to get a group together to purchase - then subdivide a large piece of property. We would set aside a chunk of it as community area where we can put community gardens; a club house / barracks; gun range; etc...

This would allow for us to have a nice piece of mountain property to enjoy NOW - and utilize if TSHTF later.

Back
Top Bottom