• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you do?

Unless sniped thief is of Obama descent and you are a white Hispanic.... Then you're effed.

On a serious note.... I had a thief passed out drunk across the front seats of my Wife's vehicle a little while back.
All kinds of scenarios ran through my mind but I ended up calling popo who came and gave him a wake up call.
Now DA calls
Me
And wants me to drop charges to lesser so they can slap him on the wrist..... Little college frat boy with a rich daddy .

Sorry.... I'm not dropping anything because he broke my door handle trying to break into my house too.

Unless sniped thief is of Obama descent and you are a white Hispanic.... Then you're effed.

On a serious note.... I had a thief passed out drunk across the front seats of my Wife's vehicle a little while back.
All kinds of scenarios ran through my mind but I ended up calling popo who came and gave him a wake up call.
Now DA calls
Me
And wants me to drop charges to lesser so they can slap him on the wrist..... Little college frat boy with a rich daddy .

Sorry.... I'm not dropping anything because he broke my door handle trying to break into my house too.

Hey I'm of Obama descent......well I'm actually 100% black he's more 50/50. But I get your point. Sad it's that way but hey....is what it is. We ALL have bad apples in our cart no matter the descent.

Hey I'm of Obama descent......well I'm actually 100% black he's more 50/50. But I get your point. Sad it's that way but hey....is what it is. We ALL have bad apples in our cart no matter the descent.

I know and all it takes is for Obama to say he's black even though his mama was lily white.
Just like anyone that disagrees with him is automatically a racist.
And yes I agree....
Idiots of every shade.

Now DA calls
Me

I have 3 questions
1) I don't get it? Are you saying that if the perp was black then the race card would be played and I'd be screwed? Or unless im zimmerman im screwed?
2) would I really be screwed if somehow the cops found out I had shot a car thief with a pellet rifle?
3) I would love to hear what ideas you had about getting even with the passed out thief! Sounds like a whole new and very awesome thread really!

Also sounds like this kid was darn lucky he couldnt get into your house! Could have been really bad! stupid frat boys

citizen's arrest, with my own gun out at low ready.
The gun would be only for MY protection in case they attack me-- not to stop the crime. Entering an auto (parked, no people in the car) is a felony, but it's not a forcible felony and does not supply any justification for deadly force to stop the crime.
If they refuse to surrender and dare me to shoot them, I could not. They could call my bluff and get away with it.
If the ran, I'd have to let them go.
(I'd have the right to chase them down and tackle them and use non-deadly physical force to effect the arrest, but I'm not going to try that. No way.)

That's my response as well. Here in SC the law specifically allows for citizens to effect an arrest for larceny committed in one's presence. As an ex cop, I've had a lot of experience in arresting people at gunpoint. I would tell them that they were under arrest. If they ran however, I would not pursue. If they attacked, I'd use the amount of force necessary to defend myself, up to and including deadly force.

Title 17 - Criminal Procedures

CHAPTER 13

Arrest, Process, Searches and Seizures

SECTION 17-13-10. Circumstances when any person may arrest a felon or thief.

Upon (a) view of a felony committed, (b) certain information that a felony has been committed or (c) view of a larceny committed, any person may arrest the felon or thief and take him to a judge or magistrate, to be dealt with according to law.

Back
Top Bottom