• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would YOU do?

Rbs

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
47   0
Reaction score
The other day before leaving work my 2nd shift coworker came in limping. I will not bore you with specifics but in a nut shell he went shopping with his wife labor day weekend, ON THE WAY HOME was approached by a "normal" looking person broad daylight in a suburban area, and the man had asked for "directions" from afar while walking closer and closer. By the time my coworker realized he was getting too close to the car the man already had a gun pointed to his chest and shortly after another man approached with a gun to his wife's chest demanding money. They surrendered their money in hopes the foes would leave but after they demanded to be led inside their personal home... which then ended in a physical altercation which led to my coworker being stabbed in the thigh 2 times.

What could he have done to make things different? Would having a weapon on him make a difference? What would YOU have done if this was you? :eek:

Last edited:
Happened on the way home to their house. When I spoke to him he said he was sure they followed him home or was watching them closely.

Happened on the way home to their house. When I spoke to him he said he was sure they followed him home or was watching them closely.

It's a tough one. It sounds as if they were pretty sneaky with the initial approach, although I usually have my gun in my hand and pointing at the door if someone is approaching my car door (police academy habit). My neighbor has a 'duress gun' that he keeps in a strategic spot in his house for such a circumstance (if he's forced into his house).

So, they didn't contact local LE immediately? Report the robbery at gun point or provide a description of the perps? They just drove straight home?

So, they didn't contact local LE immediately? Report the robbery at gun point or provide a description of the perps? They just drove straight home?

He did AFTER the whole thing. The perps never got inside his home. His kid was inside the house so he decided to do his best to keep them out so he got into a physical altercation..perps never shot but did stab him in the leg before they ran away.

Back
Top Bottom