• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What year Jeep 4.0L is compatible in a 1993 Jeep Cherokee?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I have a 1993 Jeep Cherokee with a 2.5L / 5 speed. I would like to start looking around for a wrecked Jeep that has a 4.0L motor.

With the emissions and what not on the newer engines (my county is emissions controlled for at least another 2 years on this Jeep), what Jeep can I pull a motor out of and put into mine with the least amount of modifications, if any?

Thanks for any info.

Back when I worked at an auto salvage up in Bonaire we tried to use a 4.0 out of a Grand Cherokee going back into a regular Cherokee. I know THAT won't work. The accessories bolted on different. You can find engines on Car-Part.com . it will show the different years that will work. It will also show mileai,condition distance from you and price. Nearly all the real salvage yards are on there.

A whole lot easer to just sell yours and buy one with the engine you want

When the emission test place plugs your VIN into the computer and it's no longer the engine that the factory installed it's not gonna pass the test

A Cherokee of that vintage is almost free anyway

I have a 1993 Jeep Cherokee with a 2.5L / 5 speed. I would like to start looking around for a wrecked Jeep that has a 4.0L motor.

With the emissions and what not on the newer engines (my county is emissions controlled for at least another 2 years on this Jeep), what Jeep can I pull a motor out of and put into mine with the least amount of modifications, if any?

Thanks for any info.

Another 2.5l

Save your money, sell the Jeep and find one withe the 4.0

Back
Top Bottom