• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help me help a lady in need

Did u try to wiggle gear shift ?
Are you getting any kind of “click” when attempting to crank ? As in starter solenoid hitting?
Does dash light up when turning it on ?
Can you hear the starter attempt to engage ?

(All this is simple stuff)

I feel for you and her. I have an 01 Dakota at a local shop right now that keeps killing the battery because the daytime running light stay on no matter what. Turns out it has a bad body control module. But wait it gets better. The tech told.me that they don't make that part anymore and they are REALLY hard to find. I COULD source a used one for over $100.00. But if it ain't already bad it most likely will be soon.
****in Dodge should have went bust in the early 80s the FIRST time we bailed them out.

One of my bosses wives has a late model Journey. He had to replace the battery last month. Turns out it's tucked in the wheel well like in the old Dodge Cirrus and Chrysler Sebring from the 90s. What a dick move by Dodge!
So let's take the battery and put it in probably THE most inconvenient assholish location ever thought of on a vehicle. Gotta jack the car up,take tire off,take the inner fender well plastic out ( and the little plastic screw/plugs break when you do) and then wrestle out a heavy ass battery that doesn't have even a half inch of extra terminal wires to work with.
All I can say being the owner of a Dodge and a damn Kia is lesson learned... the ****in hard way!

Did u try to wiggle gear shift ?
Are you getting any kind of “click” when attempting to crank ? As in starter solenoid hitting?
Does dash light up when turning it on ?
Can you hear the starter attempt to engage ?

(All this is simple stuff)
Starter isnt doing a thing. Everything lights up and lots of clicking under the hood. Fuel pump primes but no crank. Ran the shifter back and forth through the gears several times. No dice.

It’s hard when you’re not actually there to see/hear and have hands on.
You can try smacking the starter while someone turns it over if you think the starter is bad.
But my advice would be have someone that knows look at it.
Sorry I couldn’t help ! :noidea:

One of my bosses wives has a late model Journey. He had to replace the battery last month. Turns out it's tucked in the wheel well like in the old Dodge Cirrus and Chrysler Sebring from the 90s. What a dick move by Dodge!
So let's take the battery and put it in probably THE most inconvenient assholish location ever thought of on a vehicle. Gotta jack the car up,take tire off,take the inner fender well plastic out ( and the little plastic screw/plugs break when you do) and then wrestle out a heavy ass battery that doesn't have even a half inch of extra terminal wires to work with.
All I can say being the owner of a Dodge and a damn Kia is lesson learned... the ****in hard way!
Common problem wire a toggle switch into the power feed for the lights coming out of the BCM, no load, no draw. Fixed a bunch of them with a 3 dollar switch, BTW that part has been obsolete for about 15 years

Back
Top Bottom